Support Forums

Full Version: My xbox Won't connect to live.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello SF, My internet is working (I am posting here) But my new slim 250 gb wont connect to it. any suggestions?
Is it connected wirelessly or via Ethernet?
You may need to port forward: Port 3074 on your router, recently I had to do this.

Or you can always put an Ethernet cable into your Xbox to see if the wireless isn't working.
It's because of the new dashboard update. People are still having connecting to LIVE problems. Contact Xbox Customer Support and see what they have to say for this.
(12-28-2011, 01:41 PM)Ian Wrote: [ -> ]It's because of the new dashboard update. People are still having connecting to LIVE problems. Contact Xbox Customer Support and see what they have to say for this.

If that is true, then he will need to send his Xbox in for "repair" because they will put a new dash on his xbox.

They have a very nice trouble shooting system on the Xbox follow it. Smile
Did you try doing "Test Connection" and then signing into Live? I have to do that everytime I boot up my Xbox, and I just purchased it.
I fixed it now, It was a problem with how Turtle Beaches affect the xbox signal.
Turtle beaches run on a fairly close wavelength to that of normal wifi so to fix the problem you may want to change to a wired connection or if possible use a 5G Wifi connection. The 5G is much less prone to interference but the signal can be very bad. 5G Wifi signals are a much higher frequency so they don't penetrate walls very easily. They literally crash face first into walls. If you don't have access to 5G networking then try changing your wifi to a different channel. Around here Channel 6 is very popular so I have moved all 4 of my home Wifi points to different channels.

Yes lol, I have 4 just for my house
(Currently using a BT Openzone connection because Virgin Media in my area are having issues so they have to do maintenance work, my Download is ok but I can't upload a 50kb file without it breaking)
If you desperately need it fixed, you an HMU on AIM, I can help you out via chat.
Try calling 18004myxbox though, tbh as they can usually help.