Support Forums

Full Version: How Regularly Do You Train?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So how many times a week and for how long are you doing something active in an attempt to get fitter or to train for a sport?
A few times a week, I'm currently a senior wrestler, have to stay in shape.
About three times a week. I have a small routine that I want to make bigger. I want to tryout for baseball. Probably not going to make it but whats wrong with trying?
(12-26-2011, 07:14 PM)skorch Wrote: [ -> ]About three times a week. I have a small routine that I want to make bigger. I want to tryout for baseball. Probably not going to make it but whats wrong with trying?

If you never try, you will never make it. That's for sure. The harder you work now, the more chance you have of making it.
I run and do the beep test about 3 times a week. I always lift weights about 3 times a week. I take 1 or 2 rest days a week with running and weight training overlapping only on some days.
(01-01-2012, 11:28 PM).360 Wrote: [ -> ]I run and do the beep test about 3 times a week. I always lift weights about 3 times a week. I take 1 or 2 rest days a week with running and weight training overlapping only on some days.

The beep test 3 times a week!? You're damn keen aren't you. Ohmy
(01-02-2012, 12:55 AM)King Wrote: [ -> ]The beep test 3 times a week!? You're damn keen aren't you. Ohmy

Always try and better yourself, otherwise training is useless. You have to build up.

It's not too hard, I try and at least get 1/2 of a level higher every time I do it, but it's not easy. I've been sitting around level 12-13 for a while now.
(01-02-2012, 01:35 AM).360 Wrote: [ -> ]Always try and better yourself, otherwise training is useless. You have to build up.

It's not too hard, I try and at least get 1/2 of a level higher every time I do it, but it's not easy. I've been sitting around level 12-13 for a while now.

Nice nice. My PB's 11.4 - I blame that on mostly having a more explosive body type. Not very prone to endurance work as a volleyballer.
(01-02-2012, 01:43 AM)King Wrote: [ -> ]Nice nice. My PB's 11.4 - I blame that on mostly having a more explosive body type. Not very prone to endurance work as a volleyballer.

11.4 is still very, very good. The requirements as a Commando for the army are set lower than that.
(01-02-2012, 03:07 AM).360 Wrote: [ -> ]11.4 is still very, very good. The requirements as a Commando for the army are set lower than that.

That's quite interesting. I would have thought it'd be higher, considering the beep test was the first thing which physically pushed me in a while. I'd love to become fitter and post higher scores on the beep test, but research shows that the more long distance work you do, the less reactive your fast twitch muscle fibres get. That causes problems for me as a volleyballer. No fast-twitch means no vertical jump. No vertical jump means no attacking options. No attacking options means you will not make teams or play professionally.
Pages: 1 2 3