Support Forums

Full Version: SF'S LACK OF ACTIVITY - GENERATING BACKLINKS - POST YOUR PROBLEMS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think that's really what we need right now. Some more traffic should solve our activity problems. How can we do it? Through backlinks. How do we get backlinks, through creating 'quality content'. Two ways, for a forum like this.

1. Quality Tutorials/Guides
2. Quality Support

Let's start with number 1. People have questions about various things, 'How do I do this?', 'How do I do that?'. People go to Google to find the answers. If the most appropriate response happens to be from SF and they find what they're looking for, there's a definite chance that they may stick around or share the thread with others in their boat.

Number 2, is the most important. How often do you get an error on your computer when trying to do something? You go on Google to find out what the error means and how to fix it. Problem response if, in my opinion, the most effective way we can juice as much SEO potential out of SF as possible. Because the chances are, if you have a problem, thousands of others do as well. And if SF has the best answer/explanation to the problem, thousands of people will come here for it. That's how we get the traffic we need. We turn SF into a TechSupportForum sort of thing.

That's why I'm asking you all to post your problems, particularly computer-based problems. Because we can find the answers and begin to create a collection of 'solved problems' so to speak.

I recon we have a tech section overhaul. Create an archive dedicated to 'solved issues'. That will be the most powerful SEO tool of SF. People will come here for the technical support, and stay here for everything else that SF has to offer.

What do ya'll recon?
I hate it how some members try to get the 100 post award in less then 1 week. That's pretty much all i hate.
(12-25-2011, 10:13 PM)AMD Wrote: [ -> ]I hate it how some members try to get the 100 post award in less then 1 week. That's pretty much all i hate.

I hate how you didn't read the OP at all.
We could use more backlinks. But only those that were relative.
Sounds good to me op , could be done and I think we have a decent amount of traffic to our site now. Smile
(12-26-2011, 04:11 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]We could use more backlinks. But only those that were relative.

What do you think about a 'Technical Errors & Crash Support' forum in the Computing section? If we get enough people posting their errors and we have enough people answering (Geek Squad, etc), I know it'll benefit the site greatly.