Support Forums

Full Version: Candle Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a serious problem. My wife and I have been living together for a couple of months now and I don't like the fact that she always leaves candles lit, unsupervised. I have told her not to use candles on several occasions but she just tells me that that she is watching them. I have seen her candles burn themselves out several times because she forgot to put them out when she left home or went to bed so this is why I am worried. She will not listen to me. What can I do stop her from using candles altogether? I don't see the point in using candles, never did.
When I read this post, I lite a candle. If she likes the smell of it, get air fresheners as an alternative.
A bit of give and take i think.
Let her use candles but ensure there on a plate or something that will catch the wax and even the candle if it was to fall over.
(plate as long as candle)
As long as its safe then you have nothing to worry about.
Candles do save power and thats a good thing.
Candles do create a nice soft light and somewhat romantic setting especially if scented.
Ask her what she likes about the candles.
They have air fresheners now that mimic the flickering light of a candle. It basically just looks like a candle holder, it's nice.
I would just take precautions to make sure nothing bad can happen because of negligence. Do not let her put candles any where around flammable materials, always keep the candles on a non flammable surface that is big enough to hold any melted was or even the candle if knocked over, etc. I hope you can find a way to work it out with her.
i had also the same problem as you have. So i really appreciate to all those who participate in this post.
Thanks for sharing this informative post.
just tell her it's becoming a serious issue. Is it your house or both... or even just hers. If it's yours then you can say I don't want MY house on fire.
Maybe you should educate her on the potential dangers that an unattended candle could bring. If she still wants to light those candles for some reason, perhaps you could meet halfway; for example, the candles are fine for as long as she keeps an eye on them and blows them out whenever she's not around them.

Hope this helps Smile