Support Forums

Full Version: Love?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All right I am pissed. I just realized how psychotic my girlfriend is. She has major mood swings of depression/anxiety/grief/anger, and I don't know how to handle it. I try to talk to her about the illogical nature of hurting herself and the effects it has on the people around her. But she blatantly reverts to inflicting pain on herself either emotionally or physically, and I am at my wits end. I told her I will not leave her; and I intend on upholding that promise, but like I said; I am at a loss of words and wits with this girl. I love her dearly, but the pain/anguish/grief/anger is starting to out-weigh the happiness and contentment I have in her, but love is never expectant of the materials or love of the other person. I keep reminding myself that as I pray for her and endure the struggles she causes me, I don't know what to do anymore.
Tell her parents.... That's what you got to do.
Time for you to move on imho. Nothing worse that a girlfriend that doesn't have her stuff together. When trying to find a mate always look for signs of craziness and if you see it then run.
(10-31-2009, 12:28 PM)SF Phantom Wrote: [ -> ]Tell her parents.... That's what you got to do.
She is 19 and I am 25, so no...
(10-31-2009, 01:02 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]Time for you to move on imho. Nothing worse that a girlfriend that doesn't have her stuff together. When trying to find a mate always look for signs of craziness and if you see it then run.
That would only be reinforcing the already diminishing self-esteem she has; as I said before, I love her to death (no pun intended [hopefully]). I don't know why I love girls with issues; maybe overly helpful?
(10-31-2009, 12:59 PM)PaNiK Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest trying to seek out medication. I have experience with people like that, it's not a good situation.
Well, to be honest, she does take meds; but she has run out. So until she receives a refill I have to keep her from crossing a very thin suicidal line. And that may be my solution, although I find it rather inhumane for a person to depend on drugs for survival. I guess its a minor discrepancy for a lurking atrocity.
1 of the worst feelings in the world is not breaking up with a person just because you think you are going to hurt her feelings! Is your happiness what is in risk!!
I understand you are in love and what i just said wasn't only for you! The best thing to do( i think) is talking to her parents, Taking her to see a doctor so she could get medication and being with her as much as you can so she will feel loved ohh and don't forget going to see a psychiatrist
(11-01-2009, 12:01 PM)QBANBOY407 Wrote: [ -> ]1 of the worst feelings in the world is not breaking up with a person just because you think you are going to hurt her feelings! Is your happiness what is in risk!!
I understand you are in love and what i just said wasn't only for you! The best thing to do( i think) is talking to her parents, Taking her to see a doctor so she could get medication and being with her as much as you can so she will feel loved ohh and don't forget going to see a psychiatrist
Suggested, but thanks for the input. Do you speak spanish? De donde nacionalidad eres?
What if you could describe to her that whenever she hurts herself, she hurts you? If she loves you she would probably not try to cause you any pain.
If it has gone too far, seek professional help in my opinion.
Love:
Thrice Wrote:But all other things shall fade away;
While love stands alone and still holds sway
All other things shall fade away;
Into the ground, into the grey.

Love stands forever, even through tough times like this.
(11-05-2009, 01:20 PM)Panda Wrote: [ -> ]What if you could describe to her that whenever she hurts herself, she hurts you? If she loves you she would probably not try to cause you any pain.
If it has gone too far, seek professional help in my opinion.

I don't think it has anything to do with him as a person, I personally think she has quite a few demons, that she needs to put to rest, try getting her to think diffrently. And do diffrent things when she feels angry ect. If still no joy then take her to a doctor.
disregard, delete.
Pages: 1 2