Support Forums

Full Version: How to get rid of Evaluation Copy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello mates,

Have you ever experience that Evaluation Copy at the bottom right of your desktop?

It gets really annoying and some say that it removes when you activate your Windows 7, but not all the time.

Here is the way in how is easy to remove the Evaluation Copy for good:

Procedure:
1. Download the patch from here (Thanks to deepxw for creating the patch).

2. Right-click on Removewatermark (.exe) file and select Run as administrator. Make sure that you have chosen RemovewatermarkX86.exe file, if you are using 32-bit Windows. Likewise choose RemovewatermarkX64.exe for 64-bit Windows.

3. Next, a command prompt will be opened asking your permission to continue. Press/type “Y” to continue patching process.

4. Within few seconds, a successful message will be shown. Close Command Prompt window & reboot your system.

5. Enjoy!

=======================================================

If the watermark appears even after rebooting the machine, then follow the procedure below.

1. Type CMD in Start menu search field and hit enter Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open Command Prompt with admin rights. Alternatively, go to Start > All programs > Accessories. Right-click on Command Prompt entry, and select Run as administrator.
2. In the Command Prompt, type in mcbuilder.exe and hit enter. It may take a minute to finish the process. Now, close the Command Prompt window and reboot Windows 7.

Note: This tutorial was not created by me, and all credits goes here. My only intention in doing this is because is very useful for windows 7 users.
Great patch, will give this to a friend that needs this Smile
I hope this doesnt qualify as warez. Anyways thanks.
(10-05-2009, 02:38 PM)Camgaertner Wrote: [ -> ]I hope this doesnt qualify as warez. Anyways thanks.
Doubt it would be warez, but it probably breaks the license you were supposed to read Tongue

Anyways, you could also remove it by installing a valid RTM of Windows 7 Tongue
Useful post, good job ^^

also this isn't warez, since it's still the trial version just without the watermark.
Will this remove the need for a new license key if yours expires?
Nope, it just removes the watermark.
(10-05-2009, 06:26 PM)St0rmW1nd Wrote: [ -> ]Will this remove the need for a new license key if yours expires?

No it will only remove the annoying watermark.

This is for users who have problems after their activation, and Windows 7 evaluation copy watermark still at the bottom right of the desktop.