Support Forums

Full Version: Help needed with download problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All, in my college internet facility i cannot download single file with size more than 500MB.. may be because a download limiter is installed in the main server room of our department.. this is causing very much problem for me as i cannot download any single file ( .rar, .exe, .avi etc..) with size greater than 500mb. please help me with any solution, how can i bypass this limiter !!
I'd recommend seeing if that'd be possible for you to get a pass first if it's your school restricting downloads. They might have a reason. Where I go to school we actually have to log in with our own 'special' logins. Dunno if that's how you do it there. But I do know if we even attempt to do anything we shouldn't, at anytime our internet is 'quarantined' and we can't do anything until we go and talk to the people for them to reset it. We have 'virtual passes' for the people with computer science/programming things so that we can basically do free reign as long as it's to an extent. So just keep in mind if they see something weird and most colleges you think they aren't looking but they are. But I'm sure someone here has some brilliant way of fixing it up so you can do it. Good luck!