Support Forums

Full Version: I can't install any drivers....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi everyone, this is my 1st post so please bear with me.....
i've recently been having problems with my 'multimedia audio controller' and have whittled the problem down to installing drivers.... whenever i try installing drivers for anything, i get the pop up saying ..."has not passed windows logo testing to verify it's compatibility with windows xp".... even tho i have turned it on to ignore... and then the wizard just tells me that installation has failed because the data was not valid......
been driving me mad for about a week now so any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks..
Have you tried installing these drivers on the computer while it's in safe mode?
hmmm....er....no... i'll try that, but if it works i may die of shame ha ha ... thanks..
Lol; no problem. Thumbsup Many people even know safe mode exists Tongue
tried it in safe mode but still had the same problem... it starts installing and gets as far as 'ksproxy.ax' in copying to system32... but then just stops...
I took some quick screenshots on what you can try, maybe this can help you out. If possible Would like you to take some screen shots of the problem as well if this does not work. To get better details on the problem.
hi NYC, thanks for ur reply... i have tried the method u have suggested but with no success... i have located, downloaded, and installed to my HD, the correct drivers.... but whenever i try to install them in device manager it just stops halfway thru copying the file mentioned above... ive tried replacing the file in the system32 folder but got exactly the same problem...
Try uninstalling programs that you may have recently installed.
Alright Frodotheogre, I thought that would help out, You're welcome for the reply in trying to help you out. But I'm going to have to back off this issue as I think this is a subject you would need someone classified in fixing this error you are having further than having you mess up you system..Hopefully someone with experience here can help you out.
There is a driver installer thing. I passed it a couple times in the pirate bay under windows applications.
Pages: 1 2