Support Forums

Full Version: How to be a successful clan leader!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone, I created this tutorial to share my experience on being a clan leader and how I was successful.

Content
  • Finding clan members
  • Types of clan(s)
  • Competitive
  • Things you need to have

- Finding clan members -

Finding clan members may look easy by sending your recent players a message, but to find dedicated and good members can be hard, don't just try the recent players way try posting on some forums, with an application and if the application is filled out good then you can see by their expression on them wanting to join.

Types of clan(s)

There are several types of clans, and what to go about being successful in those specific areas.
  • Youtube
    Setting up a youtube channel to post your videos on gameplay or any other video in the name of clan youtube is often and mostly used by quick-scoping clans, gaining subscribers makes you like a top clan and get more publicity
  • Competitive
    Leading a competitive team is quite hard, you need dedicated and active members in competitive it is recommended to keep your clan small 5-6 members, you can actually earn money from leading a competitive team and products from sponsors and social media.
  • Sniping
    Sniping is the most popular type of clan and the most easiest many people want to join a sniping clan to get started in the sniping world.
  • Modding
    I wouldn't say modding is a clan per se, but it can be seen as a group and is quite hard to organize one and get members that mod and share with others for free.
  • Public
    Public is the most laid-back type of clan with normally a big clan who are dedicated and just want to have fun.

Competitive

Competitive is different in several areas, but to be a proper competitive team you need attention and the real teams gained that by playing on a competitive website below is a list of competitive websites.

Things you need to have

Leads need to have certain things and opinions to be a successful leader below is a list of things you need.
  • Vision
  • Dedication
  • A right mindset
  • Patience

I know this isn't an amazing tutorial, but at least I took the time to do it.
Really nice guide. I was having a hard time getting people into my MW2 clan. I think i have a pretty clear idea of what to do now. Thanks.
No problem, hope you and your clan do well, remember you need dedication, never give up no matter how bad your doing.
I'll try, but then again im not much of a leader. My point is usually starting as a follower then working my way up.
Err, that could be way just have a go, hopefully you'll get there.
Very nice guide.
I remember when I played on DGsemipro before their website reset about a year ago.
(11-20-2011, 02:15 PM)User Bars Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice guide.
I remember when I played on DGsemipro before their website reset about a year ago.

Really? I was a platform administrator, head of tournaments, and Fraud Squad, was with them for about a year.
A website can be useful too, one of the simple ones from like webs.com should be sufficient as well.
Very HQ thread my friend, hopefully this will help the community, I have seen so many people wasting their money changing their gamertags and then the clan doesn't do anything and a bunch of 12 year olds fight lmfao.
Just by being a PRO and a BWASSS
Pages: 1 2