Support Forums

Full Version: How to install Ubuntu ( Detailed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ubuntu is a form of linux and this is a simple method to install which wont override your current OS but just install along side it which will allow you to choose when starting up which OS you would like to boot into .

To start off go to

Wubi Download
Virus scan
and download 'Wubi'

Open Wubi and choose the 'Run' option

[Image: U2.2.2_01_medium.jpg]

Once it opens up a security message like this should pop-up

[Image: U2.2.2_03_medium.jpg]

Choose Continue
Next please choose the option you would like such as the User Name , Password , Installation Size , and Language

[Image: U2.2.2_03_medium.jpg]

When you are happy with you settings just click 'Install'
It will then download the files needed and will install

[Image: U2.2.2_05_medium.jpg]

When the Installation finishes you will be asked to reboot you computer press 'Reboot Now'

[Image: U2.2.2_06_medium.jpg]

If everything installed and is working correctly you should be able to choose which OS you would like to use at boot up such as this

[Image: U2.2.2_07_medium.jpg]

If your computer now starts like this you have installed Ubuntu a form on Linux congrats Big Grin
Short toturial, thanks for sharing though Smile
Short tutorial but really good help thanks for the share sir Smile
its recommended to use wubi if you're not sureif you will really switch to linux.
I like to install ubuntu on my usb. Big Grin
Will this work for virtual machine ? I want to try this OS
(11-27-2011, 10:38 AM)iMoney Wrote: [ -> ]Will this work for virtual machine ? I want to try this OS
Not sure but you can burn a cd and fro that test it without doing anything to your system
I have this and I dual-boot. It's very versatile but at times annoying.
(12-01-2011, 04:21 PM)SuhinderG Wrote: [ -> ]I have this and I dual-boot. It's very versatile but at times annoying.

Some times . It just broke randomly on my computer and fecked the whole thing up twice . Even ruined my windows
(12-01-2011, 04:23 PM)Baker Wrote: [ -> ]Some times . It just broke randomly on my computer and fecked the whole thing up twice . Even ruined my windows

Yeah and it's annoying to update the grub.
Pages: 1 2