Support Forums

Full Version: Encouraging Piracy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a - rep from Anonymous saying that i was Encouraging piracy. I also noticed that the e-book thread I posted was taken down, was it because I used a download from Malvager? I do not wish to complain or trouble anyone I would just like to know why I got -repped and what I can do to prevent it in the future. Please do not tell me to read the rules because I have. Blackhat
Anything that is warez (files you are supposed to pay for but aren't) is against the rules and cannot be posted on this forum.

It's clearly stated in the rules.
The -rep was from another member who had given it anonymously.

You had posted an E-Book which was of course paid for and downloaded by someone else. You do not have any legal ownership of the E-Book and we don't take piracy here at Support Forums too kindly.
Too be honest I really had no idea what an E-Book was I thought it was just a .pdf or something. I was just looking around different forums for a good python guide and found a good one I thought I would share. I should have been more informed and I apologize. Skill, you sent me a PM I could not reply to (less than 10 posts) my thread was physically removed from the forum which I am guessing was done by an admin. I am new here and the only ones I know that are admins are you and Omniscient, if you - repped me for breaking the rules I have no problem with that, and there is no reason to hide it. I understand that privacy is important here and I respect that. Next time I'll understand the content I post here before I post it. Also after re-reading the rules I realized I had posted a link to Malvager which also contains "hacking" content, so feel free to neg rep me for that too, as I deserve it. I'm so used to the freedom of Omniscient's other forums** that I forgot he was trying to start a different community here at SF. I apologize and it will not happen again.
I am not an Administrator, I am a Super Moderator Smile

I removed the thread because it contained illegal content. (The E-Book and of course the link to Malvager)

I did not -rep you and even if I did, I would have done it without being anonymous.

Your apology is accepted, don't take anything personal. Rules are rules.
Seems an appropriate rep. You posted a warez link.

Realize that SF will not allow warez DL's or hacking tools to be posted. We are not a hacking community (white hat or black hat) and it's just not appropriate material for this site.