Support Forums

Full Version: how to clean a laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well my laptop recently has gotten a bit dirty and stuff
ive never cleaned it before and would not want to damage anything while cleaning it. my question is how would you go about safely cleaning the screen and keyboard of a laptop?
heres a picture of the kind of laptop i have, if that matters
http://laptops.toshiba.com/images/showca...laptop.png

thanks for any help
Personally, I use a lightly damped cotton cloth for the screen/keyboard, and clean in between the keys of the keyboard with pipe cleaners. Seems to work well for me.
I usually just use an old shirt(clean) and wet it with some alcohol. I never checked about any damage it could cause, but I've been doing it for over a year and everything looks fine. Not sure if it would matter, but my laptop/keyboard is glossy.

For the keyboard and vents I use canned air (or whatever it's called). Turn the laptop off, tilt it or flip it, and go through the keyboard, for the vents I try to remember to stick a tooth pick or something in so the fan doesn't spin too much (I've read it can damage it). Remember not to tip the can while using it.
I just put mine is a bucket of water.
Why don't you take it to a professional if you don't want to mess it up. It's not that expensive. It's about $10 -$20
but thats money for something that i dont want to spend
ill just power it off and use a slightly dampened cloth thanks MreGSX
Use a baby wipe for the screen, and then a dry cloth to dry it.. As for the keyboard i'm unsure.
Me i use an air compressor. Blow the crap out of it Smile Works a treat. I also do the same for my desktop computers. Strip them down and blow out processors and graphics cards etc.
I do the same as DAMINIK!
(10-28-2009, 06:29 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]I just put mine is a bucket of water.

This is win.

I use a lint free cloth and compressed air
Pages: 1 2