Support Forums

Full Version: how to set up deul screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
HI, I have an AMD athlon 64 3000+ 1.8GHz processor with 1 GB ram and an GIGABYTE RADEON X700 PRO 128Mb.

At the back of my video card there is 3 plugs 1xvga plug 1xs-video plug and 1xHD plug.
And on my tv i have a working av channel(I have tested it with my PS).
Now how do i get my desktop on my tv?
When i try to activate the secondary display it does not apply.
My tv screen stays black no matter what i do. PLEASE HELP
You need to make sure that both monitors or in this case monitor and tv are hooked up and ready. TV on av.
Often first time you have to reboot even. Now once that is done you should be able to activate the second desktop easily within the nvidia software or with windows.
If this fails then i would prob hook another monitor up first and get your duel working first then test the tv.
Damink is right. I have a set up like that, you have to go to Display Properties>Settings then select your second monitor and check the box that says "Extend my desktop onto this monitor", at least thats how it is on my PC.
Thanks for the help but it is still not working.

When I check the box that says "Extend my desktop onto this monitor" and press apply it unchecks itself.
I do not have another monitor that I can test but I am sure I am doing someting wrong with the settings.

Please help
You need to also make sure your TV supports the resolution of your screen, I know sometimes mine wacks out because of the resolution. If you're using a plasma or LCD TV, check the tv settings for the phase rate, that'll make the picture come in clearer if you play around with it. Make sure you have the correct drivers installed for your graphics card. As well, right click on the desktop, go to properties, and check your display; does it even show the option of a secondary monitor? Attempt to turn on the secondary, once you apply the settings it should display on your tv.
(10-29-2009, 12:05 AM)myposbussie Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the help but it is still not working.

When I check the box that says "Extend my desktop onto this monitor" and press apply it unchecks itself.
I do not have another monitor that I can test but I am sure I am doing someting wrong with the settings.

Please help

Are you sure your graphic card can handle dual screen at your settings?
The fact you can see the second monitor tells me your card supports duel monitors so i can only assume you have an issue with your tv.
Now as i said before you need to connect it all. Make sure your tv is on AV channel and then reboot pc and check then. If you dont have the tv on AV channel then it will not recognise it. Try this and let me know if you can please.
ok thanks i wil try this tonight. i know on my fathers laptop you have to press fn + 5 . how do i press that on my desktop?
You will also find this software useful:
http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/ (extend your task bar)
http://www.binaryfortress.com/displayfusion/ (extend your desktop background)
Ok I have figuered it out..

My graphix card sends the video signal through the white rca plug.

how can I change that to yellow?
Pages: 1 2