Support Forums

Full Version: mybb sql error help please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i keep getting this error when i try and add a forum/category to my site:
[Image: errorxd.jpg]
please can somebody help ASAP.
please help me, i am extremely desparate.
Here is a text from myBB site
http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Help:...r_Messages Wrote:Database: MySQL
SQL Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'loginattempts' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT loginattempts FROM mybb_users WHERE LOWER(username)='username' LIMIT 1
Information: This occurs when you are using MySQL and you attempt to upgrade from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4, after you upload all the new files, but do not run the upgrade script. In 1.4.4, a new column, 'loginattempts', was added to the users table for a new security feature. The error shows as the 1.4.4 member.php file is trying to find the 'loginattempts' column in a 1.4.3 database, where it doesn't exist. To fix this issue, go to ./install/upgrade.php and choose 1.4.2/1.4.3 from the list.

Did you update your version or changed something in your database?
i didnt update anything, and i cant remember if i changed anything in the database ):
(10-29-2009, 01:11 PM)craizer Wrote: [ -> ]i didnt update anything, and i cant remember if i changed anything in the database ):

Can you find the field in your database "forum_icon" in "field list"?
Try finding the Query command in your code and remove forum_icon from the insert query.
i am only a beginner with this sort of thing, please can you tell me how to find and delete it??
thanks for your help.
If i was a betting man i would say you just installed a plugin that gave you bad results? If so disable some plugins. Starting with most recent.
Especially the ones made by Labrocca.... <-- THAT WAS A JOKE!! His are the best Smile
ermm,, im pretty sure its not a plugin that i currently have, as i desabled them all and still get the same error.
(10-29-2009, 08:33 AM)NinjaGeek Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a text from myBB site

Won't be that, that was a specific error from an incomplete upgrade.

You need to go into phpMyAdmin, edit the structure of the forums table, and delete the forum_icon field; make sure don't delete the table or any actual data, just that one column. Also remove all files for any forum icon plugin you have.
there is no forum_icon field :S
Pages: 1 2