Support Forums

Full Version: What slowed it down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My ISP is at&t. I bought the high speed internet plan (6MB download)
After summer (got an ipod touch), the 2wire modem kept disconnecting itself and connect back in a few seconds (I play MMORPG). Now, I bought a new Netgear modem with a new Netgear router. When I first install, I mess it up and couldn't connect to the Internet. Now, I install every and everything is fine except the Internet speed slows down to 0.XX mb. What happen?
Are you running on wireless or ethernet?
I'm running on wireless on a laptop. Windows 7
(09-23-2011, 04:56 PM)intel 4004 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running on wireless on a laptop. Windows 7

How far away from the router are you? Have you tried change channel on the router?
very close less then 2 meter. Nothing between us. Beside the router and modem, there are two cordless phone.
Well it seems like sometimes that happens. It's not the router so much. It's a connectivity problem. It happens with at and t.
Mine sometimes drops to 30 kilobytes a second
even on direct downloads.
It's AT&T and the connection that they provide. Honestly, I have AT&T and I hate them, connection randomly drops and comes back on (WiFi, anyway.)
Oh and Att is like that. Sometimes it's really fast for the regular 19.99 for a month and ten sometimes t wont even load pages.