Support Forums

Full Version: Buttons/Text Editor (Mybb) help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering, how do I change the color of my text editor:
[Image: help1t.png]

My buttons and my drop down boxes:
[Image: help2fu.png]

I know a little php but have not modded a forum before.
http://www.Riotserveres.net/forum
So you want to change the colour of the drop down menus? Or the text box?

For the text box, you'll need to edit the "textarea" CSS under your global.css page.
For the drop downs, you'll need to edit the "select" CSS under the same global.css page.
Wow, Thanks, but how do I change the background border color behind text area (The white color).
Also how can I change the dropdown's arrow and the buttons (Like clear and go)
The border isn't actually part of the textarea.
Go to /jscripts/editor_themes/default/stylesheet.css
Edit the messageEditor as you like.

I think for the select edit, it's a little harder than just your basic CSS edit. You'll have to ask someone more knowledgeable than myself.
Wow, thanks it looks a lot better. Now, how do I add my custom buttons. Such as the post reply, go search thread ect..
Those aren't part of the editor, but they are basic input buttons that your webbrowser uses, if you want it replaced, keep the function, but you can use javascript buttons for their appearance.
(09-15-2011, 05:20 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Those aren't part of the editor, but they are basic input buttons that your webbrowser uses, if you want it replaced, keep the function, but you can use javascript buttons for their appearance.

How would I do that?
First you would need to learn javascript, otherwise search it up on google and learn for yourself. You'll retain the information a lot better if it isn't spoon fed to you.