Support Forums

Full Version: Drivers of Ati radeon 9250 for Jaunty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
I need help about getting drivers of my graphic card.
This is my PC:
Amd athlon 2.0ghz (radi na 1.6)
1Gb RAM
WIndows C:/ 30GB jaunty D:/ 40GB
ATI RADEON 9250 (128mb) NOT 9200!!!

It's not powerfull, but it's what i can afford... :S
I have some images, that may help you:
[Image: screenshot2xy.th.png]
[Image: screenshotwk.th.png]
[img=http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6663/screenshot2xy.th.png]
[img=http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3200/screenshotwk.th.png]

The problem makes me problem to explane... xD
I don't know english too much.
I'l try to use my own words.
Imagine watching video on internet with a slow connection. Notice how picture "Freezes" in pieces of seconds. That is what happends to windows when i drag them over desktop. Even my music freezes in a second. On XP i have right drivers and everything works fine.
Also, i need help in instaling the drivers.
Thanx in forward
They should be included in jaunty. But google "ubuntu (your drivers here) download"
I just looked over your post again, and ubuntu is a demanding OS, what you are experiencing is normal. Upgrade your RAM.
i tried that already, i got the drivers from Ati.amd site. The file i have is .run format. i allowed the file to Execute as program and runed it in Terminal, I beleve everything went OK. But i still cant get neither the Extra effects, not to talk about Compiz... Any advice, except more RAM, im on 32bit PC and it can't take any more RAM. I'd buy a new one, but i can't afford it right now.
On a 32 bit, you should be able to get 2gigs of RAM. But sorry man, i'm all out of advice.
Ubuntu is one of the least demanding OS's I know of, and 1gb is enough; I run Ubuntu flawlessly on 1gb of ram. Also, you should be able to run 4gb of RAM with a 32-bit OS, unless you don't have any physical ram slots.
(10-26-2009, 07:29 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Ubuntu is one of the least demanding OS's I know of, and 1gb is enough; I run Ubuntu flawlessly on 1gb of ram. Also, you should be able to run 4gb of RAM with a 32-bit OS, unless you don't have any physical ram slots.

It depends on how you run it, mine is pretty demanding on 2gigs. But by the looks of his screen shots, he doesent have anything special running. And to my knowlege you can only run 2gigs on a 32, But your probably right. Sorry for misleading you. Thanks Elektrisk.
(10-26-2009, 05:38 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: [ -> ]They should be included in jaunty. But google "ubuntu (your drivers here) download"
I just looked over your post again, and ubuntu is a demanding OS, what you are experiencing is normal. Upgrade your RAM.
Ubuntu will run fine on 1GB; I ran it on 512.

(10-26-2009, 06:37 PM)streetstyleWiFI Wrote: [ -> ]i tried that already, i got the drivers from Ati.amd site. The file i have is .run format. i allowed the file to Execute as program and runed it in Terminal, I beleve everything went OK. But i still cant get neither the Extra effects, not to talk about Compiz... Any advice, except more RAM, im on 32bit PC and it can't take any more RAM. I'd buy a new one, but i can't afford it right now.
4GB maximum actually, and even though I recommend buying more RAM it isn't needed. I'd wait until the new release comes out (a few days) and do an upgrade, if that doesn't work you can try and do a clean install (the upgrade process is a little weird and doesn't upgrade everything).
i run version 8.1 on 512 just fine few months ago, no effects, no nothing, OS instaled not-updated, not loaded with some stuff but i had same problem. can we go back on it now? i tried to install driver from Ati AMD Support all i had was a .run file, i installed that, then i reboot. and then my graphic at logon screen was crazy, pixels were messed up, i had 2 login forms, it could be seen only in half of the monitor. so i had to reinstal whole OS...
please someone, go to Ati AMD Support and then:
Linux_86 > Radeon > 9250 and reade NOTE under drivers. It says something about POSIX and other things i need. I realy want to be Ubuntu user. I gave up Ubuntu before, just because of these drivers. thx
@Lintens, i'm Updating now, i installed it again last night, I'l Upgrade it tomorow and see what to do then, but i beleve that problem will perssist!