Support Forums

Full Version: Selecting a separate Database for Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am still trying to get used to Mybb and I am wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

I basically want to select the user database from rskingdom.com so the new forum server.rskingdom.com selects them users but has completely separate threads and forums. Please can someone help me?
You'll need to define exactly what it is you want to do before I can attempt to help. Why do you want to select the users, and is this "server.rskingdom.com" a subdomain of the original, or is this for some kind of chat server you're using and you want the information from the forum stats on the user to be available for it for example?
I want to select the users from RSKingdom.com because the subdomain Server.rskingdom.com will be a private server. I want to keep the actual private server semi seperate from the actual main RSKingdom site. So when people do go Server.RSKingdom.com they won't have to register again but all the forums and categories on it will not have same as RSKingdom.com.

But you want 2 separate forums? I knew how to do it with phpbb, but i'm not sure about mybb. You'll have to manage one database, and create tables on it for 2 different forums though. You could try phpmyadmin to account for them for easier managing, but you're going to need to keep the tables separate somehow for the content, and for the users, they should use the same mybb tables in the database.
I just thought I could use new db for new forum and edit where they do queries for user to select from the database I wanted. Not sure where all queries for users are handled
I don't understand what you want?