Support Forums

Full Version: HF Content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just to clear up a grey area about posting content relating to Hack Forums.

I've had allot of reports about HF content when a user has just mentioned the name or if it's come up in a discussion.

Just to be clear, please only report threads that directly discuss Hack Forums such as threads discussing if it's online or not.

I just wanted to clear it up, thanks.

Please ask questions if you're still unsure.
I don't understand why the discussion about hackforums is prohibited.
It's prohibited to an extent because this site does not support illegal content or discussion of such. So because we got almost all of are early user base from Hack Forums people acted as if the two sites were the same by flaming, spamming and posting illegal material.

We like to keep the two sites different, we are very different and different things are allowed and disallowed.
So Sam, just so I'm not confused. We're allowed to discuss HF as long as it's not directly linking to the forum itself, right?
(09-10-2011, 09:17 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]So Sam, just so I'm not confused. We're allowed to discuss HF as long as it's not directly linking to the forum itself, right?

If it comes up in general conversation, and the conversation isn't about illegal activity, arguments, or linking to the site, then I think as far as the rules go it is OK, however it is still not generally not wanted here.
There's no need to discuss HF here, as, apart from a few members, and having the same Admin, this site bears absolutely no relation at all to that forum.
(09-10-2011, 09:32 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]If it comes up in general conversation, and the conversation isn't about illegal activity, arguments, or linking to the site, then I think as far as the rules go it is OK, however it is still not generally not wanted here.
There's no need to discuss HF here, as, apart from a few members, and having the same Admin, this site bears absolutely no relation at all to that forum.

That's quite weird to be honest, when new users sign up on HF, the PM from Omni at the bottom says "Please go sign upto our partner site, supportforums.net"
(09-10-2011, 04:23 AM)Derail Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand why the discussion about hackforums is prohibited.

If you read the rules you'll understand why it's prohibited. You should always read the rules when signing up to a new site.
(09-10-2011, 09:34 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]That's quite weird to be honest, when new users sign up on HF, the PM from Omni at the bottom says "Please go sign upto our partner site, supportforums.net"

If you want me to be totally honest with you... I really don't think Omni is interested in this forum. It annoys me to say it, as I, and many other members have done a lot to keep this place alive, with good content, and keeping this a friendly community... But I get the feeling Omni is only interested in HF.
He pops on every now and then, doesn't really make many big changes, doesn't post as much as he did last year, etc...
I understand HF must take up a lot of his time, however the only thing keeping this forum running at the minute is a few high quality members, a few great moderators, and a bunch of spammers from HF.

(09-10-2011, 09:42 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]If you want me to be totally honest with you... I really don't think Omni is interested in this forum. It annoys me to say it, as I, and many other members have done a lot to keep this place alive, with good content, and keeping this a friendly community... But I get the feeling Omni is only interested in HF.
He pops on every now and then, doesn't really make many big changes, doesn't post as much as he did last year, etc...
I understand HF must take up a lot of his time, however the only thing keeping this forum running at the minute is a few high quality members, a few great moderators, and a bunch of spammers from HF.

If he doesn't renew this forum when it runs out you have no clue how much I'm going to rage, I like this forum more HF.

The reason why he doesn't pay any attention to this forum is because he doesn't earn money from it, he obviously doesn't care about the members.

I sent this PM to him, and he didn't reply:

Quote:Hey Omni, I have a few questions for you.

Because of you doing the support feather on HF we've got a LOT of LQ spammers on the forum, can I suggest getting some new moderators? If so, I suggest Ace & Fragma. They're really active and are always helping all the members on the forum.

Also, there's been a lot of new Avatars been made in your 'Make Us An Avatar' post, some really great one's which would also be a great asset to the forum.

I thank you for creating this forum, it is really good, really, REALLY great.

But we need some new things to make it just that bit better, thanks you for reading this.

I hope you can reply.
Okay this thread has gone wildly off-topic. There are obviously some deeply rooted underlying feelings about the site to please create a new thread with the points above. Thanks.