Support Forums

Full Version: New Avatar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any feedback on my new avatar? Created from scratch in Photoshop. I have a couple versions actually, but I like the one I have as my current

[Image: ivuMNySaHlncd.png]

[Image: ibjl2uS3FVrRLA.png]
I agree with the one you have now being a good choice. That second image isn't very good. I like the shading you did on the first.
There's a lot of layers on my PSD to get it to where it's at for both of them, the only difference is a change of the circle background between the two. I just have different gradients on both. The rest is all the other layers. The glow around the eye, the arc, the white spots, outlines, masks.
Wow all from scratch? Looks really good.
I actually like the bottom one, adds a completely new look and feel to it. A lot more complex.
I tried adding 2 eyes but this give it more character, and without showing the circle it looks decent as well.

[Image: iiHN4HuYU4zp5.png]
If you really did that from scratch you did a good job. Though, the first image is a lot better than the second one (IMO). I think it would look even better as your avatar if you made the background transparent.
(09-05-2011, 10:19 PM)Riggs Wrote: [ -> ]If you really did that from scratch you did a good job. Though, the first image is a lot better than the second one (IMO). I think it would look even better as your avatar if you made the background transparent.

Yes I really did create this from scratch, it looks like I put a lot of work into it, but not really lol. It's just the perspective power of gradients. The depth in the eye is actually just created by an ARC shape with a gradient over it.

That would only work for the ones that have the circle as the background though. Lets see...

[Image: ievCjII9vyyBb.png] [Image: ih5VmRlYJNt8c.png]
Edit: Not bad

Edit: I did a lighter version too.
Not bad.
Is it a face or just a symbol?
It's a smiley, no symbol representing anything
Pages: 1 2