Support Forums

Full Version: Anyone Got a Slim?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, my Pro just broke, and my 3 other retails are console banned... It's the wireless network card that fudged up on my Pro, and I might as well buy a slim with one built in instead of a new one, so question is:

Who has a slim?

Do you have the 4GB or 250GB?

If I buy the 4GB, is there any way I can use my 250GB HDD from my old console? I have a crap load of content on it and I dont want to lose it.

Is it worth it? Im going to probably trade in my pro (and a console banned one lol) with 2 controllers, all the cords, and the wireless adapter..

So should I save $100 and buy the 4GB, or go with the 250GB one? I have like $600, but I am saving towards a custom PC and looking to pay the bare minimum for an xbox that willa ctually work...

/help me please Big Grin
I got the 4GB one. It wasn't enough space for me so I bought the 250GB hard drive that you just slip in, it was only $40 off Amazon.com.

I'm pretty sure you can't use your old hard drive for the slim, because they are different.
Don't buy the 4GB one as it's not compatible for Xbox live play.
And no, you cannot use your old HDD with the slim.
Why don't you buy an old wireless xbox live adapter? They are like less than $50 and cheaper than a new console.
(09-05-2011, 05:49 PM)FireMonkeyFun Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you buy an old wireless xbox live adapter? They are like less than $50 and cheaper than a new console.

No, the old xbox's run slower and graphics lag, MW3 will be a pain to play.

I just want a new console now.
I have the 4GB one, it is compatible for Xbox live play, I bought the 250GB hard drive and put it in, not sure about the old ones working though. The only reason I did this is because they did not have the 250gb console in stock at the time.
I have the 250GB one, the only bad thing about Slim is the touch.. If i accidentaly put my foot in the xbox and I'm bareley touching it, the cddrive opens =.=

Sometimes it's good for ragequitting. (kick it softly = professional ragequit)
(09-05-2011, 01:19 AM)Hardware Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, my Pro just broke, and my 3 other retails are console banned... It's the wireless network card that fudged up on my Pro, and I might as well buy a slim with one built in instead of a new one, so question is:

Who has a slim?

Do you have the 4GB or 250GB?

If I buy the 4GB, is there any way I can use my 250GB HDD from my old console? I have a crap load of content on it and I dont want to lose it.

Is it worth it? Im going to probably trade in my pro (and a console banned one lol) with 2 controllers, all the cords, and the wireless adapter..

So should I save $100 and buy the 4GB, or go with the 250GB one? I have like $600, but I am saving towards a custom PC and looking to pay the bare minimum for an xbox that willa ctually work...

/help me please Big Grin

Yeah, I have a slim and it's awsome. Especially because it has built in wifi. And you can transfer your data from your HDD to your comp with a transfer cable(you can get one for free from MS) and then from your comp to the new hard drive. Good luck!
I have a 250GB slim. It's pretty legit.
I would NOT recommend getting the 4GB as it doesn't count as having a HDD; so you won't be able to play online games.
Pages: 1 2