Support Forums

Full Version: Why do you like video games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, as school rolls around the corner, I have realized I have been playing too much PC games and xbox games through the past 2 years of highschool. Im now in Senior year, and I need to balance out my crap. I'm sure I can do it, because I have done it this summer.

Just when I was thinking about it today, I wondered what attracted me to video games. I'm 90% sure it's the step out of reality. I build up a ton of stress from my advanced placement classes, hockey and typical highschool drama and bullshit (you all know what i'm talking about). I just find that snowboarding and video games are my release from that stress, and maybe I just build up too much.

A step out of reality always keeps your imagination going, which is a great thing. For how much video games get bashed and downplayed by parental figures, I honestly think games such as Portal and some other strategy games help you develop problem solving skills. Sure, COD doesn't do crap, but it's an awesome stress reliever (if you don't take it too serious) and you can have some fun with friends.

So what is your opinion on video games, and why, or why not, do you play them?

/discuss
I'm pretty sure that's all it is for most people. A chance to live a little thrill in a virtual world that you can somewhat control by yourself. Most people would say "entertainment" but on a deeper level you've got the main concept down. You get to live your own life everyday. You'll never be a NASCAR racer like you can be in something like a need for speed game, and you'll never encounter zombies (probably not anyway) like you can in a Resident Evil game.

I don't play them often, but I like the little adrenaline rush from horror games once in a while. The more you play though, the more anticipating you'll become with your senses and the less "scared" you'll get by them though, which is the only downside. Same thing with horror movies, you'll eventually get to know all of the camera angles that they use before a scary scene, and the music is also a giveaway. Makes it less exciting in my opinion, because they always use the same approach. There's no more creativity outside of what the characters are supposed to look like and act as far as i'm concerned.

I play them because they are good time killer's for if you have nothing better to do. Only when I have nothing else to do though, otherwise it's just an excuse to be lazy and procrastinate from doing something else that I should be doing, and there's a sense of disappointment for not being productive.
I like to escape reality, so movies and video games are great stress relievers.
Because they're always there, so when there's a lack of something else to do it calls you.
(09-05-2011, 07:33 AM)Stєєz Wrote: [ -> ]Because they're always there, so when there's a lack of something else to do it calls you.

No kidding, it seems like people just don't understand that. When I am bores with nothing to do, I go upstairs and play xbox. Makes the time pass a lot quicker.
I like video games, because they are relaxing and entertaining at the same time, as well as makes the time go by way quicker if you are bored.
I like the fame they can bring, and the fun.
Video gaming is just a hobby like bike riding, but sense college started i dont have much time for it :/
I play on xbox and basically the only reason I play is because I can talk to my friends. If my friends didn't have live I probably would play anywhere near the amount of time I play. I guess for me it's a social thing.
i video games because its entertaining,it passes time easily and relieves stress from my mind
Pages: 1 2