Support Forums

Full Version: Animated .GIF | Tutorial | Useful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Here's some examples of what we'll be making:

---

What you'll need:
Screen recording program
Photoshop

Step 1. Record whatever you want.

Step 2. Open up photoshop. Click File> Import> Video Frames to Layers

Step 3. Choose your file. I'll be using giftut001.avi

Step 4. Click Load and you should see this screen:
If it's a large clip, click 'selected range only' and limit to about every 3-4 frames. If it's a short clip, just keep it at beginning to end.

Step 5. Photoshop should now look similar to this:

Step 6. If it does look like the above, we're just about done. File> Save for Web and Devices

Step 7. Make sure you select the preset "GIF" in the upper-right hand corner.
Then save and save it to your desired location.

Step 8. Upload the file to image hosting sites such as www.imgur.com, and www.min.us.

Contrary to popular belief, .gif's have a very small filesize. The one I used at the beginning of the thread was 208 kb

Questions? Post here and you will receive answers

Tutorial 100% by alabama.
Wow this is a very nice tutorial, I always wondered how people did this, I am very thankful!
I used to do it with an online method and the quality was absolutely horrible, I thought you had to pay to use a program xD
[Image: Gu3Lc.gif]
@Mark

Welcome Smile
You're example looks great, good quality.
Sweet man I have been wanting to know how to do this for awhile now Thanks! Will Camstudio work cause I tried this before and the video file was just huge and it hard to shrink the size of the file.
(09-03-2011, 07:02 PM)algorithm Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet man I have been wanting to know how to do this for awhile now Thanks! Will Camstudio work cause I tried this before and the video file was just huge and it hard to shrink the size of the file.

Yes, any recording software will work.
(09-03-2011, 07:02 PM)algorithm Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet man I have been wanting to know how to do this for awhile now Thanks! Will Camstudio work cause I tried this before and the video file was just huge and it hard to shrink the size of the file.

You may need to render the video in camtasia before you put it in photoshop, I'm not positive though.
(09-03-2011, 07:38 PM)Mark Zuckerberg Wrote: [ -> ]You may need to render the video in camtasia before you put it in photoshop, I'm not positive though.

Yeah when I put the vid's in photoshop the frames where like well over a 1000!
(09-03-2011, 07:52 PM)algorithm Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah when I put the vid's in photoshop the frames where like well over a 1000!
I suggest using hypercam, camtasia records in a different format and it just takes longer.

If you use hypercam it saves in .avi, meaning it takes less than five seconds to make it animated Big Grin
(09-03-2011, 07:52 PM)algorithm Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah when I put the vid's in photoshop the frames where like well over a 1000!
I think it has to be 500 or less frames or less I think. Are you saving it as .avi?
(09-03-2011, 08:26 PM)alabama Wrote: [ -> ]I think it has to be 500 or less frames or less I think. Are you saving it as .avi?
Yes I have been saving the video file as a avi.
Pages: 1 2 3 4