Support Forums

Full Version: please guys!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys please help me i got a huge problem on my computer

if you know computer good please add my msn so we can talk you migh know the problem.
you might be able to come on team view and check the problems
My msn is iso_cool1@hotmail.com ty for reading cya
Please explain, in detail, your problem. It's better that way.
(10-26-2009, 05:01 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: [ -> ]Please explain, in detail, your problem. It's better that way.
ok bro its like when i download a file i cant open it and my firewall i cant put it on but i can open regedit and taskmanager im just scared becuse my last computer got destroyed and i dont wanna loose this one =( i hope you understand
(10-26-2009, 05:17 AM)isokaid Wrote: [ -> ]ok bro its like when i download a file i cant open it and my firewall i cant put it on but i can open regedit and taskmanager im just scared becuse my last computer got destroyed and i dont wanna loose this one =( i hope you understand

Try a system restore, if that doesn't help then it could be a virus, in which case run a scan with Malware Bytes.
Also do a full scan with your antivirus, and try other free antivirus programs avast, avg ect.
in any case, create a back up of your important files.. Dats all you can do if you suspect something bad on your computer..
I was have problem like u, but in my case i can open only Task Manager.. i solved that on next way: I download linux live cd, backup my important data to external HDD (or usb flash drive,whatever) and reformat my HDD and setup XP again... if nothing help u, try that.. Smile
yer you could try backing all your stuff onto a disk or something but sounds like u got a virus just do a virus scan with wateva u use or go online and use 1
You could first try to boot with a rescue disk, which may then give you the option to try a System Restore,
as has been suggested, or boot with a Windows setup disk and run the Repair option from the Windows Recovery Console.

If your PC does not work properly, then you could maybe go to a web cafe and download a boot disk or two, before burning them onto CD's.

There are quite a few available here:

www.bootdisk.com

They have all types of disks for different OS's there, so maybe one may help you out, if you don't find anything else.

I know that Kaspersky, also does a Linux based rescue disk, which scans for viruses as well, but does allow you to access the files as well.

It was released in June this year, which may be some months old, but there are also other products on their site which are just a few days old,
but I'm not sure which OS they run under at the moment, but the one I am just downloading looks like a Windows based file, it's an AV tool.

http://www.techmixer.com/kaspersky-rescu...using-dos/

It says on the page, that the disk is DOS-based, but I have run it before and it was Linux.

BTW - Also, you may not really need to format, I would never suggest that, because, for some people, having to back up all of their data,
may take much longer, than a simple Windows install, which on my PC, takes about 15-18 minutes, from double clicking on setup.exe,
to reach the Windows Tour screen. Add another 10 minutes or so, for addtional graphics and soundcard drivers etc, and that is uually it!

It has often replaced a faulty OS, with a fresh and clean OS, for me. in not even half an hour,
but backing up all of your data, before formatting, could take hours, even a day
or two, depending on how much data you have.

I think it rarely necessary, to format, just install Windows onto a new partiton,
or onto an existing Windows partiton, but into a new folder, called for example, Windows1,

Which will install non-destructively, leaving your previous installation intact,
in the orignal Windows folder,
(which you can delete at a later date if you want), with zero data loss!

Just remember to back up any Dll's or device drivers first.,
that you may need at some point.

It will not conflict with any older OS, as it operates in it's own OS space.

Good luck with it.
If it was a virus, to fully protect yourself i recommend downloading:

Avg 8.5 - anti virus/spyware http://free.avg.com/
Zonealarm free - free firewall http://zonealarm.com/
Malwarebytes Anti Malware - http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Always do a weekly fast scan of Malwarebytes and do a bi-weekly full scan of malwarebytes.

If you ever get infected, i suggest getting a pro to help you at pchelpforum.com/ to clean you up (security certified.)