Support Forums

Full Version: Launch of Coderz Forums.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[align=center][Image: logo.png]

I have just started another forum this is my 3rd hopefully this one will be succesful, I decided to move away from hacking and go to coding.

http://coderz-forums.net/

Theme looks like it needs a lot of work, the banner is ugly, and I'm not a fan of the "z" in the domain.
Also you have far far far to many sections considering you only have 10 members..
(08-31-2011, 03:59 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]Theme looks like it needs a lot of work, the banner is ugly, and I'm not a fan of the "z" in the domain.
Also you have far far far to many sections considering you only have 10 members..

That is just a temp logo until I get my new created, as for the forums I may aswell add them now instead of doing it when we get more members, also what needs changing in the theme?
The entire theme needs a make over only because you want to draw in members. Its a programming community right and your taking out the hacking? Well make it look more professional to give it the coder atmosphere. I agree with Fragma. You shouldn't have so many sections just yet. I'm sure with a better theme and less clutter this domain can be large. Smile Good luck !!!
It's still mad slow, I don't know if it's just me or what.

I think to get any active members you would need better hosting than that :/
You've got about 6 tabs of extra forums that are way too much for your site with under 100 members. I wouldn't even have that many forums at 500 members, How do you expect activity when you spread the forum "talk-areas" out that much?

And this is a coding forum is it not? Why do you have a marketplace and a gaming area?
A coding forum with so many extra topics, a poor theme and way too many sections.
Start again.
Basically, you currently have 46 sections.. 11 of which are coding related.

Keep:
The Lounge
Introductions
Rules Announcements Feedback

Cut down the amount of coding sections, keeping the languages which are most popular.
Get rid of absolutely everything else... And then you're at a fairly good starting point.

Not very uniform. You have Rules, Announcements and Feedback but then The lounge. the first letters need to be capital or none of them should be. The theme should be the color of coding. Try green and black or something. Blue is an over used color for beginner forums. Everything needs to be unique to draw in the people you want.
You should have:

-C/C++ forum
-VB / .Net Section (which can probably include C#, VB.net, and C++, etc...)
-Scripting forum (Perl, batch, powershell, etc...)

> To start anyway. This is the way I would set it up. That's plenty for what people know anyway, you can add more later.

The introduction area, site announcements/suggestions, and lobby will be enough to top those main coding sections off. Don't create subforums either, keep it general, it will look silly if you try to specifically categorize everything just starting off.
Pages: 1 2