Support Forums

Full Version: Mirror Edge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Game Mirror Edge.

Info:
Code:
Developer(s)     EA Digital Illusions CE
Publisher(s)     Electronic Arts
Designer(s)     Owen O'Brien (Producer)
Writer(s)     Rhianna Pratchett[1]
Composer(s)     Magnus Birgersson
Engine     Unreal Engine 3[2]
PhysX (Physics Engine, nvidia GPU acceleration and extra FX are PC exclusive)[3]
Version     1.01[4]
Platform(s)     Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Release date(s)     PS3 & Xbox 360

NA November 12, 2008[5]
AUS November 13, 2008[6]
EU November 14, 2008[7]
JP December 11, 2008
Microsoft Windows
NA January 13, 2009[8]
EU January 16, 2009[8]
AUS January 16, 2009[8]
Genre(s)     First Person, Action-Adventure
Mode(s)     Single-player
Rating(s)     BBFC: 15
CERO: C (15)
ESRB: T
OFLC: M
PEGI: 16+
USK: 16
Media     Blu-ray Disc, DVD, download
System requirements     Supported OS: Microsoft Windows® XP SP2 or Vista, Processor: 3.0 GHz or faster, Memory: 1 GB RAM or more, Graphics: Microsoft DirectX® 9.0c compatible video card, Shader Model 3.0 required. Video card must have 256 MB or more, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better, Hard Drive: 8 GB free space, Sound: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card
Input methods     Gamepad, Mouse and Keyboard

Pictures:

Video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N1TJP1cxmo[/youtube]

Discuss the game. I parkour irl very much. Have done it many years and I really like it. I was so happy when the game finnaly came out, when I saw the gameplay I was like "yuck!". I personally don't like the camera veiw. I haven't played it yet. I dont want to download only bcz how the camera shows.
I have never played it, but i hear its a bad ass game.
ii have played it and it was fun... to easy tho challenging in very little parts but overall it was fun ut got boring quickly... like most things from EA these days
I've never played it, I was thinking about buying it.. Is it worth buying?
(10-27-2009, 10:04 AM)Codine Wrote: [ -> ]I've never played it, I was thinking about buying it.. Is it worth buying?

It's worth renting, but not buying.

I've had it, played it and finished it.
It's really nice game with very good ideas done, the EGO shooter perpective gives you the feeling of doing it IRL. Shooting is also very well done.
NOTE: This game gets boring after a short while.
I have this game on the Playstation 3. My friends said that I wouldn't regret buying it but I actually do. It doesn't meet my standards for gaming and it definitely gets boring after a short period of time.

It stays at the bottom of my pile of games and won't be played again. Not even on those lonely, boring, cold winter days.
(10-27-2009, 10:35 AM)Skill Wrote: [ -> ]I have this game on the Playstation 3. My friends said that I wouldn't regret buying it but I actually do. It doesn't meet my standards for gaming and it definitely gets boring after a short period of time.

It stays at the bottom of my pile of games and won't be played again. Not even on those lonely, boring, cold winter days.

I've sold my XBox version 3 days after I bought it.
On the second day I had the story finished and then the third day I asked my self WTF!!!
Sold on ebay.

It's funny to play first time and to finish the game, but after that you can donate it or something.
I think i'll have to rent it out, or see if one of my friends have it and i'll give it a play.
I bought the PC version, and I loved it. The parkour and hand-to-hand combat are unmatched by any other FPS (if you could call it an FPS) that I have played, and the physics are also brilliant. You can use various guns in the game, but don't expect the gunplay to be the next CSS. Seriously, you may as well throw the bullets at your enemies and hope for the best, you'd probably hit them more often. It doesn't matter if you have a bog standard mouse or a professional-grade gaming mouse, the guns are horribly inaccurate. However, other than in one mission, it is possible to get through the whole game without firing a shot. Personally, my MO is to flying kick my enemy in the nuts, and then a punch to the face to finish them off. It never fails xD
It's way too short, but it's fun while it lasts. I believe the combat system was incredibly fun, but some of the levels in the game felt like too much of a puzzle. Probably worth it if the price ever drops to $10-$20.

On second thought, probably better to just rent it.
Pages: 1 2