Support Forums

Full Version: Web Designing in ASP.NET using silverlight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Silverlight is a web based technology, launched by Microsoft in April 2007. Silverlight is considered as a competitor to Adobe Flash.

Silverlight applications are delivered to browsers in a text-based markup language called XAML.
What is XAML ?
XAML stands for eXtensible Application Markup Language. XAML contain XML that is used to declaratively specify the user interface for Silverlight or WPF applications.

For example, if you need to display a rectangle, this is the XAML you need to use:

<Canvas Width="500" Height="500" Background="White">
<Rectangle Canvas.Left="75" Canvas.Top="90" Fill="red" Width="100" Height="100" />
</Canvas>

When the above xaml is executed, it will display a rectangle filled with red color.

You may notice is that XAML is very similar to HTML in nature.
Job Openings
The word .NET gives the feeling that it's just something to do with Internet applications and network related applications. While it is true that .NET provides a solid foundation to develop such applications, we can create many other types of applications using .NET . The following list gives an idea about the different types of applications we can build using .NET.

1. ASP.NET Web applications
2. Windows Form based applications
3. Console applications
4. Component Libraries
5. Windows Custom Controls
6. Web Custom Controls
7. Web services
8. Windows Services

In my review, the training session what Cegonsoft provided to me was quite beneficial. The concepts related to real time programming and they make me to get these concepts quite easily, quickly and completely.The faculties are well experienced and putting huge amount of efforts to make these concepts easily understandable.

Cegonsoft
Yeh .net is so cool man thanks for this