Support Forums

Full Version: No Memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm 17 and I can't remember anything for long periods of time. I have tried many things to try and remember stuff but once I don't use the information for a month I forget everything. Is this common for a lot of people? I have grown a concern for this because it is causing me great trouble in College Algebra. I don't remember anything that my teacher says she already taught. So I guess the real question is why can't I remember anything?
There's actually a disorder for some people that causes you to be absent minded or have a short loss of memory. I'm not talking about Alzheimer's disease or anything like that, there's a less significant and uncommon one I heard about a while back, but I never really tried to retain the name of it in my memory.

I can't say what you'd have to do to improve your memory or learn about it. Get it diagnosed if you can, consult your doctor about it and maybe they can proceed with some tests for you.
You would need to see a doctor regarding this, we can not test you. You may just have bad memory and be slightly on the lower side of the IQ average. Or you could have a medical condition causing this that you would need checked out by a doctor.
(08-22-2011, 07:50 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]There's actually a disorder for some people that causes you to be absent minded or have a short loss of memory. I'm not talking about Alzheimer's disease or anything like that, there's a less significant and uncommon one I heard about a while back, but I never really tried to retain the name of it in my memory.

I can't say what you'd have to do to improve your memory or learn about it. Get it diagnosed if you can, consult your doctor about it and maybe they can proceed with some tests for you.
There's a good chance I have something that cause my memory to be so bad. On both sides of my family my grandparents have Alzheimer's so I might have some other type of memory thing. Thank you for your response.
(08-22-2011, 11:00 PM)wale Wrote: [ -> ]You would need to see a doctor regarding this, we can not test you. You may just have bad memory and be slightly on the lower side of the IQ average. Or you could have a medical condition causing this that you would need checked out by a doctor.
I don't think I will see a doctor about this. I haven't been to a doctor in ages. Going to keep it that way. As for my IQ, I don't think it's below average. Thank you for your answer though.