Support Forums

Full Version: Promote the site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As a community I believe every member should promote in some way.

In some cases promotion can be done easily. For example:
  • Youtube videos
  • Signature on other sites

You can also get members to join the forum by just posting useful things here, therefore it grabs people attention and they come to view it.

Discuss different ways of promotion.
Most members from here are from HF (guessing), maybe if Omni increases the requirements for the Support Feather Award on HF. To maybe 500 posts.
as said above, most come for the support feather. Maybe if the requirement was raised by a bit maybe 200 - 300 posts.

I've been telling my friends about it, showing some others saying the community was great. Much more mature than HF and they should check it out... not sure if they have though >.<
Nice suggestions.. omni should make some banners for SF so that people can link it on their sites Big Grin
(08-19-2011, 06:01 PM)YNL Wrote: [ -> ]Most members from here are from HF (guessing), maybe if Omni increases the requirements for the Support Feather Award on HF. To maybe 500 posts.

Yes, most are here for the Support Feather. I believe there should be higher requirements for it also.
I want to help too; but dont you think you're being abit patrotic when you've only just joined?

Anyway, advertise how you will, but stick away from HF or any of Omnis forums as they most likely know about the site and dont care. Advertise on forums that arn't affliated with Witza.
(08-20-2011, 03:39 AM)Happeh Wrote: [ -> ]I want to help too; but dont you think you're being abit patrotic when you've only just joined?

Anyway, advertise how you will, but stick away from HF or any of Omnis forums as they most likely know about the site and dont care. Advertise on forums that arn't affliated with Witza.

It doesn't matter if I'm new or old, it was simply a suggestion that we should promote the forum.
There's lots of ways; social networking, email, signatures, videos, graphics, *content, friends & family. I would agree with Happeh though (on his second line in the post) about advertising on Omni's other websites. People from HF are just 15 year old kids that want to showcase another award with every troll post they make there. This forum is a lot more mature, and even if the post requirement was 500 lol I didn't get the award until I hit 1000 posts here so it doesn't make much difference for me, I still choose to stick around the forum because of how much more efficient this community is for support.

I already have at least 5 videos up on my youtube channel promoting SF specifically with intro's i've created for this forum in After Effects
(08-20-2011, 04:20 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]There's lots of ways; social networking, email, signatures, videos, graphics, *content, friends & family. I would agree with Happeh though (on his second line in the post) about advertising on Omni's other websites. People from HF are just 15 year old kids that want to showcase another award with every troll post they make there. This forum is a lot more mature, and even if the post requirement was 500 lol I didn't get the award until I hit 1000 posts here so it doesn't make much difference for me, I still choose to stick around the forum because of how much more efficient this community is for support.

I already have at least 5 videos up on my youtube channel promoting SF specifically with intro's i've created for this forum in After Effects
^
I agree.
Also, i'm planning on making a YT vid promoting the site, as soon as I get Camtasia to stop being retarded o.O
My Camtasia is messed up right now as well with .mp4 formats, I have to reinstall it, but it works, there's just an annoying startup message box that shows whenever I enter the actual Camtasia studio production window.
Pages: 1 2