Support Forums

Full Version: Is it bad to be quiet...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

I'm pretty quiet in school. I don't know why. It has been this way ever since the ending of 6th grade, I'm in 8th now. People in my class are always looking at me like I'm some random kid who never talks. I sometimes just want to smack them in the freakin face. I have friends outside of school, I go outside everyday, and even see them in school sometimes but I don't talk, I don't know why. I'm not really shy, if I was to apply for a job and do a interview, I could do it. The thing I hate the most is when I have to do a speech to the class, it's so awkward. No one in my class knows how really smart I am, I can code pretty well but I never really show the stuff I do. I'm not a nerd either, I have some swag but I'm just so quiet. Can anyone tell me why I am being like this or how to fix it? Sad
Your just being shy thats all, if you want to give better speeches you need to learn how to not care what people think. Along with this you need to learn that no matter how your speech went did your best. People that give speeches are not the nervous type. Just put those nerves behind you and your speeches will be great.
I am quiet around new people because I'm worried if I say something wrong, noone will like me. So I just choose a select few friends because I hate getting my trust broken.
(08-18-2011, 07:06 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]I have some swag

Read up to that and stopped.

but, on a serious note.. I would suggest getting to know your classmates, this way you could become friends.

Find the people in your school that dress like you, like the same things you do and act like you. You will probably get along good with them. Even though all of my friends are totally different from each other in general ways.
It's not bad to be quiet, I'm quiet too but I still have a lot of friends. And yeah I'm a geek, and I'm most propably like this because I'm not too social.
It is perfectly fine to be quiet, some people like others more when they are quite(:
I think a lot of people would like me more if I was quiet Big Grin
Ha Ha
I'm a very quite person too, im not shy i talk when i have to. When i was growing up i was taught only speak when spoken too and not to be a youkmouth, i am in college and dont talk to alot of people but have plenty of friends. They kinda know who i am and i don't talk much unless im at a party. Im more of a listen type, i dont like to talk about myslef or my life and i think they understand that. People in college only know my life from freshman year and on and they respect that i am quite.

Be quite but dont be a weird quite be around people and listen dont be in the conner alone.

If you want to talk more just find a subject to talk about, for exaple a teacher, class, test, find somthing next to you that you feel can turn into a conversation. But being quite is normal.
I'm pretty quiet as well, shy actually. Its not bad but its better to be more out there, you get noticed and people start to see who you really are. You get more friends and what not. Slowly, little by little my shyness goes away with time. Just a thought Smile
Alot of people are shy now a days...every since the internet came out, more and more people turn online for answers/friends instead of socializing with people. I'm the same way.
Pages: 1 2 3