Support Forums

Full Version: Motivation problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know why, I cannot find ANY motivation whatsoever to do any school work.

I have an iq of around 150 and all my teachers speak of thus potential but I just can't get motivated. any ideas? :/
Schools make work boring because they are mean. If they were smart they would make learning fun.
I also hate to work at school, but home i am reading big ebooks and stuf..
The thing is, you can what you want, and if you think school sucks, and don't want to work, you can't
Kids these days seem to think I'm slightly above the average intelligence even if I do bad in school somehow I'll succeed in life.

You need to realize
*You probably aren't in the 150 range of IQ (unless thouyou were tested by an agency, I doubt it)
*Without some effort you'll get no where
*Your childhood friends and fun aren't as important as you think. You need to prepare for the future

That being said you should set realistic short term and long term goals (have someone check in on those goals, whether a close friend or a parent) and reward yourself. For example a short term goal may be doing all your homework and taking notes in class, your reward getting to play an hour of video games. A long term goal would be becoming a doctor, your reward would be a good pay check.
find harder classes or somthing in the feild that you like
Find a better challenge, it may be less boring.
I'm in all advanced classes, I'm in two ap classes and taking all classes a grade above me. I've already skipped a grade