Support Forums

Full Version: Video Intro's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone want's to start up a business with me, called Video Pros in this we will edit videos and make video intros. I am clue less on how to do this, therefore i thought maybe we can chat over skype and do like a training session for 1 month or so then get it all started.

Money might be made off this as its commission pay, just post if you are interested.

Cheers,
Curtiie
It's a good idea, but as for you not knowing anything I suggest looking up some tutorials. Do you know what program you may be using to do the video editing?
Sony Vegas PRO... Bahaha yeah I know that's why I am asking if there is anyone that wants to join in, well then you gotta volunteer yourself in now that way i get all the people together.
I would love to see the output. Sorry but I'm too busy to help Sad
However some good software are:

* Sony Vegas PRO; all round video editor
* Adobe After Effects; specially for editing effects
* Adobe Premiere Pro; for creating the whole film
Sony Vegas Pro is a beginner program, there's tons of other programs far more advanced than it. Using Sony Vegas to start your business is almost the same as saying that your going to use Audacity for professional sound editing.
(08-17-2011, 06:57 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Sony Vegas Pro is a beginner program, there's tons of other programs far more advanced than it. Using Sony Vegas to start your business is almost the same as saying that your going to use Audacity for professional sound editing.

I wouldn't say it's a beginner program, but that's the reputation it has developed. A lot of the kids these days using it don't know how to take advantage of its full potential. However in my experience, when looking for jobs and generally in the film & media industry, you're going to need to have a grasp of some more advanced software such as Final Cut Pro. In fact, if you're going to take video editing seriously, only having experience in Sony Vegas will get you pretty much nowhere at all. Employers these days look for people with experience in as many different software packages as possible.

For example, as part of my animation degree course, in my first year, I had to become an adept user in the following:
Cinema 4D
After Effects
Real Flow
PFTrack
PFHoe
Photoshop
Illustrator
Final Cut Pro
Z Brush
Mudbox
Maya
Fruity Loops
Audacity
Garage Band
AnimatePro
Camtasia Studio
MPEG Streamclip

As well as the basics of being able to draw both on paper and digitally, and having a good understanding of different formats, rendering, lighting, creating software plugins, coding, etc... I was actually quite surprised at how much knowledge you have to have through simply being an animator.
i wanna start learning to make intros i may have to jup with you
Im not that great at intros but I have a really good friend who might be interested
You should read some tutorials on youtube on how to make intros, then try it yourself.
this would not be a good start, I would suggest going online looking at some tutorials then asking again. Nice idea and goodluck
Pages: 1 2