Support Forums

Full Version: MyBB Install help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed MyBB and it seems to have worked but I can't visit pages on it. http://pcforums.webatu.com/

If you click "my forum" this error appears.

/home/a1589983/public_html/inc/languages/english/ratethread.lang.php does not exist

how can I fix this?
Upload the file again. Check it's chmod value is what it should be.
Are you sure you uploaded everything? There should be a file in that directory it tells you called ratethread.lang.php. It's apparently not there.
Yeah, 2 things could be wrong as said above. Sometimes FTP clients drop files, and don't upload them, so firstly check that the file exists. Then, if it does, CHMOD ./inc/languages/english to 777.
I re uploaded and it works!
(10-26-2009, 11:40 PM)Joshuam08 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, 2 things could be wrong as said above. Sometimes FTP clients drop files, and don't upload them, so firstly check that the file exists. Then, if it does, CHMOD ./inc/languages/english to 777.

Dangerous, Only do that to check if a CHMOD will fix it, if it does slowly bring down the permissions until you get something that is secure but still works, also check owner/group.
I fixed the problem by re-uploading