Support Forums

Full Version: Linux Mint Installation Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm trying to run Linux Mint on my laptop Side By Side with Win7, and it gives me an error each time. This is the error:
[Image: 38f87287ab94e36feb3d71653376e8cc]
http://gyazo.com/38f87287ab94e36feb3d71653376e8cc

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.
This isn't very much information. When do you receive this error? Do you have the ISO? Are you still trying to download it? What does it say in the log file?
When I opened the ISO installation file, filled out my username / pass etc...

Then as it was installing, it gave me that error.
(08-13-2011, 08:27 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]When I opened the ISO installation file, filled out my username / pass etc...

Then as it was installing, it gave me that error.

What? You opened the file as an ISO for installation on your Windows OS?

You need to be running Linux as a live version first, then it gives you the option to install while you're using a non-installed live version of it.

Burn Linux Mint to a CD, reboot, change the boot order to CD/DVD Drive first and make sure the Linux CD is in, boot up linux, and install from there... Not your Windows OS>
I extracted the ISO, that way I can run the executable. I booted up the executable, filled in the information it asked for, clicked "Install" and about 5% into the installation it came up with that error message.
No no no no, lol... Boot the ISO, don't extract anything from it. Boot your live Linux, and install while you're running that live version of Linux. Don't do ANYTHING with the ISO on your Windows OS.
If I try and run it as the ISO, it thinks it's a movie and opens a 10second clip. So I extracted it and ran it that way.
(08-13-2011, 01:22 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]If I try and run it as the ISO, it thinks it's a movie and opens a 10second clip. So I extracted it and ran it that way.

Quote:Boot the ISO, don't extract anything from it. Boot your live Linux, and install while you're running that live version of Linux. Don't do ANYTHING with the ISO on your Windows OS

BOOT the ISO, don't run it. Restart your computer, put the CD in with the ISO burned onto it, change the BIOS settings to boot from CD/DVD drive first. Load into Linux live boot by booting from CD/DVD. Install once you're in Linux.
Wish I could help, but unfortunately I can't /: Sorry!
I'm trying to get him to understand that he can't install linux directly from Windows lol. He has to use the ISO to create a Live Boot. Boot up the machine from the Live Boot on startup, and Install Linux from the live boot.
Pages: 1 2 3