Support Forums

Full Version: Checking Your Currently Installed .Net Framework Versions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a test VBS file I created that will check for entries of .Net Framework location's in the registry to determine which .Net Frameworks you currently have installed.

Save this as a ".vbs" file extension, and double click/open the file to see which ones you have installed. It will prompt you with a message box for the results.

Code:
Dim Action_ :Set Action_ = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
Dim Obj_, Ver, Respond

Dim Regstry :Regstry = Array( _
  "1 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\1.0.3705\Version", _
  "1.1 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\1.1.4322\Version", _
  "2 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v2.0.50727\Version", _
  "3 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.0\Version", _
  "3.5 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5\Version", _
  "4 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full\Version")
On Error Resume Next
    For Each Obj_ In Regstry
     Ver = Split(Obj_," - ")
     If IsNull(Action_.RegRead(Ver(1))) Then
      Respond = Respond &  "Not Installed: " & Ver(0) & vbCrLf
     Else
      Respond = Respond &  "Currently Installed: " & Ver(0) & " - " & "[" & Action_.RegRead(Ver(1)) & "]" & vbCrLf
     End If
    Next

MsgBox Respond, 64,".Net Framework Information"

I believe this is very useful to this section of the forum for the .Net programming area

[Image: idjG2suCs.png]
You are releasing some really really handy little programs, which i am downloading all and probably will come in when i need it most, thanks.
(08-13-2011, 03:20 AM)MrTylerHaz Wrote: [ -> ]You are releasing some really really handy little programs, which i am downloading all and probably will come in when i need it most, thanks.

No problem Smile I have lots more stuff to share in the future probably too. Just whatever comes to my mind.
(08-13-2011, 03:40 AM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]No problem Smile I have lots more stuff to share in the future probably too. Just whatever comes to my mind.

Cant wait, good job bro.
Thanks for this tool , continue your efforts in this section , I really like your work !
Wow, this is nice. I was working on one my self which would link you to ones you don't have installed and such =)
Just tested this, works great. Thanks!
(08-14-2011, 01:09 PM)Kom Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, this is nice. I was working on one my self which would link you to ones you don't have installed and such =)

If you're unsure, you can do it manually by checking the registry entires located at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP