Support Forums

Full Version: [Guide] How to hide Taskbar Aero Previews and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created a couple of reg files that will enable you to disable or enable your taskbar previews. I currently have my display set to the text and only combine when taskbar is full option, and i've also changed the width of my taskbar items to a slightly less wide value, but I don't like the taskbar previews with this option because only the windows show up for that group, with no labels. I don't know why taskbar previews for individual tabs would show all of the windows in the same group, but it's like that when you hover over every taskbar item as well which I didn't like.

For example, if you hover over an IE taskbar item, and you have various IE items displayed on your taskbar, hovering over that one item to do with IE on your taskbar will give you a taskbar preview of all of your IE taskbar item's window's for some reason, and no label at the top like you get when they are combined.

If you want the reg script it's available here if you want to create it manually. Copy all of this out and save with the .reg file extension:

Disable Taskbar Previews:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"ExtendedUIHoverTime"=dword:00020000

This will set the hover display at a timeout of 20, but since it's so long, it never gets displayed because the windows message forgets it's display event after a certain amount of time.

To add it back:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"ExtendedUIHoverTime"=dword:00000100

You must either log off, or restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

As for anything else when the previews are showing/available. I'll create a program in the future that will edit the size of the preview windows and various other things. Smile
Thanks for sharing with us brother. I will try this later on.
These are some nice reg tweaks Ace. Thanks for sharing them.
Thanks for the guide dude.. nice one
I have a problem pming you with it