Support Forums

Full Version: Blue Screen Of Death on Vista 64 bit <Urgent Help needed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey i got a new HP pavallion pc from my friend which came with Vista 64 bit home premium, everthing was working pretty good until few days back i installed Skype and Photoshop CS4. Vista frequently Crashes, restarts itself and gives me a bluescreen with the following errors....and also, the bluescreen shows up when i was deleting a huge amount of file at the same time. I am still not sure if the cause is either Skype or Photoshop, please reply fast!!Bebe-pleure

[Image: md2mpx.jpg]
Start your computer in safe mode and follow these steps.

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.
Thanks for the quick reply but i don't see any LowerFilters.
errrrrr..... are the programs compatable with 64 bit?
(10-24-2009, 06:50 PM)Marda Wrote: [ -> ]errrrrr..... are the programs compatable with 64 bit?

Yeah Skype and PS CS4 are definitely compatible with 64 bit.
oh ok... soz Big Grin
(10-24-2009, 06:50 PM)Marda Wrote: [ -> ]errrrrr..... are the programs compatable with 64 bit?

It wouldn't matter if the programs are compatible with 64 bit or not, 64 bit can still run 32 bit software, it just won't be performing at optimal possible performance.

You best bet would probably be some of the following basic options:

-When you startup your computer, in the boot screen, (immediately upon startup), press the F8 key until yo see a screen asking you for some selections.
-Select "Last Known Good Configuration"
-If it's still giving you problems, reboot, press the F8 key again, and try entering into safemode and doing a system restore (it should prompt you at first as soon as you login. be sure to read it carefully, the way they say it always tricks me up). Backup to a date before you installed the software that you assume has caused the problem.

Also i think this may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892260

Ultimately this looks like a hardware issue. It looks like maybe some of your drivers don't like the software you've installed. This could very well be the problem. I would suggest you follow close attention to the options above, especially in the link where it says to look in the event log. Please post your even log data here.

-Psinetic