Support Forums

Full Version: Where I Stand.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in AP lit, and our assignment on the first day was about something we stood for or about our self. This is what I wrote.

Where I Stand

I believe that happiness is a figment of our imagination. The idea of happiness is ever changing. Depending on what time of day you live in, “happiness” will be different. The actual origin of the word “happiness” comes from a Norse word “hap” which means “luck”. This is what happiness mean sense the time of the ancient Greeks. I just don’t think we should push the ide idea of long lasting happiness in today’s society. I think this is what causes a lot of the sadness and depression you see in people today. They keep trying to achieve this long lasting happiness, when in reality it’s impossible. Scientifically speaking, you can have times when you are in a better mood or feel good. This is a result of Serotonins being released into your brain. Some people will try to increase this release by taking drugs like ecstasy. Unfortunately your brain can’t continuously produce Serotonins, and you will have a really bad low after taking a drug like ecstasy or even having a really good time. Even with all this information, people still strive for something that, in reality, doesn’t exist.