Support Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] How-to Speed Aero Peek
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Warning: This involves registry editing. If you mess up your computer I am not responsible.

A very simple way to do this globally for all user accounts.

1. Click on the Start Button and type in regedit and hit Enter.
  2. Navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse.
  3. Right click on MouseHoverTime and select Modify.
  4. Set the new value. The default value is 400 milliseconds.
  5. Once changed, click OK and restart your computer.

Use any amount from 1 - 4000.
This won't speed the aero peek... I'm very sure
It did it for me. I'm still looking for a way to speed up the closing of it.
common sense dictates that editing the mouse-hovering factor via the registry will in no way speed up aero-peak
This doesnt work for me man Ohmy did i do something wrong?
I do not think this will work unfortunately. Maybe if you tried to tone down the settings, aero may work easier.
Could someone tell me what the "Aero Peek" is? Please(:
When you hover over your taskbar or that desktop button, it will put a clear window over every window except the one you want to view (the one you hovered over, unless you hover over the desktop button on the far bottom right, then it puts transparency over all windows so that you can see straight to your desktop.

If you don't notice changes, restart or log off, then log back in and try.

Here's an example of a reg script I've created to change the desktop preview aero time:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime"=dword:00000001

To change it back:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime"=dword:00000500

Merge one of these with the registry by copying the codes i've provided out into notepad and saving with the .reg file extension.

In the default value, you'll notice "0x000001f4" which just means 500, the default delay time. For some registry modification's though it takes either a log off or a reboot to initiate the changes and for them to take an effect.

If you use the reg file i've provided in the first code block, aero peek will be pretty much instant.
Yeah does not work for me. I will try Ace method later on.
I've actually seen this before. I haven't tried it yet though. Still seems like a cool modification.
Pages: 1 2