Support Forums

Full Version: Resolved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK so i have a Cyber Acoustics Headset and mic combo the headphones work just fine but the mic doesn't? The mic does work with linux. When i got audio controls says that the mic is not plugged in but the headphones are. This is not a USB headset its a jack headset one for headphones one for mic anyone think they can help?
Maybe your mic jack is broken? If you're on a desktop, try using the other jack (if there is one).
OK i should have mentioned this but i use Linux everyday for skype and stuff and keep the mic in the same jack and it works fine on Linux and when it comes to windows in the audio controls it shows that the mic is unplugged.
Does the headset use a usb connection to the computer?
Check your Windows sound drivers, then. It's obviously a software issue.
I have tried updating all my drivers and the mic/headset both connect via a 3.5mm jack.
Have you selected the right mic in Skype? Or in Windows as your default device?
I use Linux for skype because my mic doesnt work with windows and i cant select the mic as my default device on windows because it says that it isnt plugged in.
I think I know what the problem is. Your probably plugging the headset into a port that is only good for sound output and not sound input. Does the mic plug into the headset or directly into the computer. I think you have to have a port on your computer for a headset and a mic. Or one that is both.