Support Forums

Full Version: Opinions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, I've been messin' around working on making a song, and I'm about a minute into it. The intro is for the most part done. Right after the intro where it goes silent, I'm gonna have it echo and fade out, but idk how to do that yet xD
And, the drop is definitely gonna be worked on. It's kinda bland now, not really sure what to add... but I'll mess around with things and see if I can get something that sounds right Big Grin

But basically what I wanna know is, are you feelin' the vibe of this song? Is it something I should continue working on?

WARNING: Video may cause seizures. The visual part of it was an After Effects experiment that went wrong, so please disregard it ;)
I'm not sure if it's just me, but it feels as if the intro goes on forever. I think it's really good, but the main part should just come in a bit sooner.
REALLY liked it actually, I thought the intro was fine. But as you said the drop is extremely bland, can't wait to see (or rather hear) what you do to fix it
I like it so my opinion is don't give up on it.
I think its alright man just keeping working on it you will sort everything out.
wow,thats really good.Keep on working and make it even better,intro is maybe little too long.
Thanks for the input guys Big Grin
I will continue workin' on it, and see what I can come up with. Gonna be pretty busy today though, so it might be a few days before I've got an update on it.

I know the intro is pretty long, but I plan on it probably being like a 5-6 minute song. I think my next step is going to be finding some sort of vocal samples to use, so I can build around that.
Intro isn't even long, if anything it's short. Love the intro, but after the drop it's just awful no offence.
I would scrap everything after the intro and start over. Keep the same kind of tune that plays through the intro going through into the drop. Don't do what everyone else seems to be doing, by creating as many messed up sounds as possible and mashing them all together, as that really isn't what Dubstep is about.. Get a good slow & steady bass line going, don't over do it with crazy wobbles & sound effects, and make sure you focus 90% of your attention on the flow. Basically don't try and run before you can walk.
Sounds good. Reminds me of NIN.
(08-10-2011, 10:07 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]Intro isn't even long, if anything it's short. Love the intro, but after the drop it's just awful no offence.
I would scrap everything after the intro and start over. Keep the same kind of tune that plays through the intro going through into the drop. Don't do what everyone else seems to be doing, by creating as many messed up sounds as possible and mashing them all together, as that really isn't what Dubstep is about.. Get a good slow & steady bass line going, don't over do it with crazy wobbles & sound effects, and make sure you focus 90% of your attention on the flow. Basically don't try and run before you can walk.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Imma scratch the drop, and search around for a good vocal sample that I like, and build the rest of the song around that.
Pages: 1 2 3