Support Forums

Full Version: Should I update my iPod Touch to the latest firmware?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a lot of useful crap on it, like my notes, pirated applications, Safari account information saves, bookmarks, crap like that; but I'm still running firmware 4.2.1-- should I upgrade? I hear 5.x.x has some cool new features planned. My real question I guess, is that IS IT WORTH upgrading?
I don't believe we 'condone' jaibreaks and pirated apps here on SF...
BUT, it's up to you ultimately. I usually don't upgrade until I really feel the need to, TBH.
Pretty sure it's allowed-- jailbreaking isn't illegal. Anyways, thanks, gonna stay on this firmware.
(08-09-2011, 01:08 AM)Athostle Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure it's allowed-- jailbreaking isn't illegal. Anyways, thanks, gonna stay on this firmware.

No, but pirated apps are.
Why condone jailbreaks? They're perfectly legal, and perfectly fine imo. Now the pirated material we might condone... I wouldn't upgrade, all the newest firmware does is break your jailbreak.
(08-10-2011, 09:52 AM)Fundamental Wrote: [ -> ]Why condone jailbreaks? They're perfectly legal, and perfectly fine imo. Now the pirated material we might condone... I wouldn't upgrade, all the newest firmware does is break your jailbreak.

You mean the other way around. Tongue Condone means to allow something.

I have never updated my iPhone 4 yet.
(08-10-2011, 12:39 PM)mrwhich Wrote: [ -> ]You mean the other way around. Tongue Condone means to allow something.

I have never updated my iPhone 4 yet.
Oh my bad Tongue I thought it meant the opposite way around lol.
If you are running iOS 4.3.3 then you have the ability to Jailbreak it. If you upgrade to iOS 4.3.4/5 you will not be able to Jailbreak it. If you have a way to upgrade to iOS 5 Beta X then you may lose some of our apps due to compatibility issues.
I say if you feel that you dont want to lose the things you have stay with your current firmware.
But its really up to you.
I wouldn't update. I just updated and can't jailbreak again. Didint lose any apps but I lost the best off all my jailbroken iPod Sad
Pages: 1 2