Support Forums

Full Version: Is Vb.net worth it to learn?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I mean, it seems like a very useful language and stuff, but I see a lot of people talking about how its "noobish" and stuff. I know Java, but Vb.net looks a lot easier to make programs faster.

So my question is, is it worth it to learn, or should I work on a different langauge such as C++?

Thanks.
If you're worried about difficulty than C++ isn't going to be for you, if you don't want to learn VB.Net specifically, then learn C#. VB.Net isn't "noobish" it's just the reputation that it's gained from leechers on that other forum. Half of the people I see there talking about how bad it is don't even know how to use half of the functions in VB.Net anyway. It's all in the programmer, if you don't work with it, or you don't have a strong interest in it, then you'll never comprehend what any language is capable of doing.
It is and it isent, it is powerful with some things, as an example, I can create a lot of web based automation tools. But if you are trying to do more complicated things it sucks. I would suggest you do not learn VB or C++, go learn PHP. PHP is all around better and people will pay you a lot of money to make and create something simple.

I'm trying to learn PHP and because I learned VB first, I keep thinking PHP coding is similar to VB, so its extremely hard for me to understand and pick it up. Just my suggestion.
(08-09-2011, 04:22 PM)Marine Corps Wrote: [ -> ]It is and it isent, it is powerful with some things, as an example, I can create a lot of web based automation tools. But if you are trying to do more complicated things it sucks. I would suggest you do not learn VB or C++, go learn PHP. PHP is all around better and people will pay you a lot of money to make and create something simple.

I'm trying to learn PHP and because I learned VB first, I keep thinking PHP coding is similar to VB, so its extremely hard for me to understand and pick it up. Just my suggestion.

Of course, because PHP is more of a webmaster's language like ASP, and VB, C#, C, C++, etc are more software languages. You can't compare the two.

Then there's other categories like Crystal, Silverlight, etc...

WPF is even good.
I'm thinking about starting it too. But I can't find the motivation to start it.
Yes. VB.net worths 100%. YOu can make a lot of money and create great things with it.
It's good for simple programs that don't take much time. And it's very easy to learn.
Well actually it depends on what you wanna code. I just gave up VB.NET i'm gonna start C#.
VB.net is for noobs. if you want to earn money by coding, you should start learning C#.
I'm learning VB.net and it's nice and easy . It's definitely good in my opinion for beginners .
Pages: 1 2 3 4