Support Forums

Full Version: Need help with audio drivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Im trying to replace the microsoft audio drivers with the realtek drivers but I cant uninstall the ones from microsoft. I go to devices>driver and try the uninstall driver options. then it uninstalls the device. I install the realtek drivers and after the reboot windows starts searching for drivers for the "new" device and again installs the ones from microsoft. I tried deleting the files of the driver from system32/drivers - the ones that are shown in driver details. I managed to do this but when the installation of realtek reboots - the same thing happens. I tried to update drivers and choose "browse my comp. for drivers" - it says the drivers are up to date. Any ideas are welcome.

edit: turned out the realtek drivers were incompatible with Win7 so i found the ones that work. but still in sound controllers in control panel there are 2 devices - one with manufacturer microsoft and one from realtek. I disabled the one from microsoft but the sound is still stutering every now and then. guess its some other problem
Why would you want to disable the Microsoft Audio Drivers?! If you really don't need them, just disable them. However, when I've used RealTek audio in the past, my drivers were compatible with Windows 7, so I don't know where you're talking about.
I'm using Realtek and it's messing up bigtime. I suggest getting another driver if you still can.
Ive searched for months for the solution. I tried everything that I could find on Google. In the end I switched back to Win XP and now the sound is ok
(08-07-2011, 01:01 AM)Treblez Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Im trying to replace the microsoft audio drivers with the realtek drivers but I cant uninstall the ones from microsoft. I go to devices>driver and try the uninstall driver options. then it uninstalls the device. I install the realtek drivers and after the reboot windows starts searching for drivers for the "new" device and again installs the ones from microsoft. I tried deleting the files of the driver from system32/drivers - the ones that are shown in driver details. I managed to do this but when the installation of realtek reboots - the same thing happens. I tried to update drivers and choose "browse my comp. for drivers" - it says the drivers are up to date. Any ideas are welcome.

edit: turned out the realtek drivers were incompatible with Win7 so i found the ones that work. but still in sound controllers in control panel there are 2 devices - one with manufacturer microsoft and one from realtek. I disabled the one from microsoft but the sound is still stutering every now and then. guess its some other problem

That is so weird, I was just about to post a thread exactly like this one. I have the same problem except I was able to uninstall my Microsoft drivers. I wanted to install some realtek drivers so I could get the stereo mix feature back. It allows you to record sound output directly from your soundcard. I had the same problem, I couldn't find any drivers for my soundcard that supported stereo max. And it looks like solved your problem by switching to XP which i am not wiling to do. Oh well.