Support Forums

Full Version: iTunes unable to detect newest firmware 4.3.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry guys, I haven't been on the forums as often and I have a problem. iTunes is not detecting the newest firmware update as it usually does and tells me that the newest firmware update is 4.2.10. I don't know why but even after I reboot my laptop nothing really happens and it keeps grabbing the wrong string from their servers giving me false information. Can someone please give me some suggestions? Once again iTunes is "behind time", not giving me the most recent update for my iPhone 4 which currently has 4.2.10 firmware. This is really annoying, someone do help a poor fellow out.
Do you have the newest version of iTunes as well? Update your iTunes and see if you still have problems.
(08-06-2011, 08:32 PM)Kotto*N[ix]mouth Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the newest version of iTunes as well? Update your iTunes and see if you still have problems.

Yes I do, 10.4. I will reinstall it from their website and see if anything happens.
(08-07-2011, 12:24 PM)Resistance Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I do, 10.4. I will reinstall it from their website and see if anything happens.

That's what I was going to suggest. Re-download iTunes and do a fresh install, then tell us if it fixes it.
There are 2 steps:
1. Re-install iTunes
2. If that doesn't work, get rid of iTunes and use other music software
Remove iTunes completely from your computer.
Reinstall the latest version.
Reboot your laptop.
Reboot your iTouch.
Connect and try to update.

Note: If you want to jailbreak it you will need to stay on iOS 4.3.3, not anything above it.
Reinstall iTunes bro I had the same exact same problem
Uhmm, if re-installing doesn't work, I could try to contact them.
Instead of reinstalling iTunes click repair. It's different and works quite well. Usually successful. Or restore it with a fw file from felixbruns.