Support Forums

Full Version: My Opera 11.50 Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have recently heard quite a lot about the web browser 'Opera', so I thought why not give it a go:

Okay downloading was fair and setup was extremely easy. The browser automatically opened and at my first glance I was like Hehe.

It seems to be a very decent browser, I must be honest, I did use it before but never really liked it, because I didn't try it for longer enough. After playing around with Opera for a while I started to grow onto it, it's very neat and tidy, and extremely fast, even faster than Google Chrome! Now that's an achievement!

I tested a few things, one would be the tab menu:
[Image: sAH70.png]

As I said above, it's very clean and tidy, and instead of having a tab called "Menu" or something similar to that, it's located in the very top left corner of the browser, thus saving more room and keeping it really tidy.

Another thing I tested was the Gyazo instant screen capture tool (see gyazo.com) Now, here's where it get's interesting. It glitched, and obviously I found a bug, but when you use gyazo and image like this comes up in the next tab:
[Image: a90c95223dec642ec64ad96ae0a8ef58.png]

An error message like this also pops up:
[Image: 9733609d2ea4d2041b9c59f4fd98af39.png]

You then have to refresh the page in order to see the image, this could become quite a nuisance as I use the tool quite a lot!

I have also noticed how if you view an image, it's center aligned in the middle of the page. That's quite cool and again makes it look nice and neat and tidy!

Okay moving onto the next feature that I like in Opera:

"Extensions": Now this seems rather interesting, it has nice features that you can add as an extension to your browser! This can be extremely handy, and is nice because It's like personalizing it, suiting it for your needs. There's some really cool 'Extensions' you can add to your Opera browser, here are just some of my favorites on the first page, there are hundreds of pages I think:

[Image: d4176b94adfe5dd905c40d05203d84aa.png]

[Image: 4e34fc1311da590c359c3c6c61211862.png]

[Image: 9ab0b1b317fe558a04bc6385cdee829e.png]

[Image: 27b95b97bc26e6d564687a4185e2d1fa.png]

[Image: 1439e8ae38d4907b4a1fcda7a363ec29.png]

So all-in-all I give this neat and tidy web browser, a good 4/5 stars! I may even consider switching to it from Google Chrome!

[Image: 4stars.png]

P.S: This was my first ever review on anything, so let me know how I did please?
I'v never used Opera, seems weird and Chrome work's very well.
I liked the review, but as I switched from Opera after almost 2 years of daily use to Chrome, I can't say I agree with everything you said.

I thought the review itself was very clear and to the point, good job Smile.

Also, that Gmail extension is extremely cool D:
(07-30-2011, 08:44 PM)Carbide Wrote: [ -> ]I liked the review, but as I switched from Opera after almost 2 years of daily use to Chrome, I can't say I agree with everything you said.

I thought the review itself was very clear and to the point, good job Smile.

Also, that Gmail extension is extremely cool Big Grin

Care to elaborate on what you don't agree on?
The speed for one, I personally found that when under the pressure of constantly have 5-10 tabs open at all times, that Chrome maintains speed of browsing much better.

The single menu button that you call simplified and tidy, I know that Chrome has the same thing, but I find it to be a useless feature which just slows me down when I need to find something.

Also, your picture for the "gyazo" example is not working.

And I'd split up your guide as its very texty and not very appealing to the eyes in its current format. I have a feeling you would probably get lots of "tl;dr" emotions from your readers.
I've seen that phrase a lot recently "tl;dr" and I still have no clue what it means Hehe

Also about the gyazo picture not working, it is working, that's what I was saying: It does that, and I have to refresh the page in order to see the picture I just snapped.

If this review is inaccurate then I will post a delete request, there's no point handing out false information.
(07-30-2011, 08:56 PM)Believable Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen that phrase a lot recently "tl;dr" and I still have no clue what it means Hehe

Also about the gyazo picture not working, it is working, that's what I was saying: It does that, and I have to refresh the page in order to see the picture I just snapped.

If this review is inaccurate then I will post a delete request, there's no point handing out false information.

Sorry, it means "too long; didn't read". I suggest looking up "urbandictionary" it can prove to be very useful in times like this.

And I now understand about your gyazo picture.

I wouldn't say that your review is accurate in anyway, because as you said, it is your review, and everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion.

My review may differ from yours, but in no way does that make yours false, and vice versa.

(07-30-2011, 09:00 PM)Carbide Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, it means "too long; didn't read". I suggest looking up "urbandictionary" it can prove to be very useful in times like this.

And I now understand about your gyazo picture.

I wouldn't say that your review is accurate in anyway, because as you said, it is your review, and everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion.

My review may differ from yours, but in no way does that make yours false, and vice versa.

Okay well thanks for showing the light over my head on those few things, is definitely something to consider in the future, thanks for stopping by. Smile
(07-30-2011, 09:19 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I'd give it a 1.5/5 to be honest.

http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.ph...-5-vs-ie8/

I guess I'm just not cut out for reviews, I tried my best.
Pages: 1 2 3 4