Support Forums

Full Version: How do I install linux with an apple wireless keyboard & mouse?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently downloaded and created an ubuntu 10.10 disc and I want to install it on a partition on my intel mac, but I can't seem to get linux to recognize the apple wireless keyboard and mouse I am using. Is it possible to get linux to recognize them before installation? Or do I have to install using other peripherals and then pair the apple stuff?

- Don't pretend to put in a signature with a massive image.
Sorry bro!
Ubuntu may detect your keyboard after you install it, but cannot detect it before installation.
So, its best for you to install ubuntu first using wired keyboard and then try to use wireless one.
Same for the mouse.
Thanks
Best of luck
I'm not sure man, I don't use any Apple products to be honest.

Also your signature is HUGE man, can you try and find a smaller one?
So why is this in the videogaming section and not the apple or linux section, those would be more appropiate.

(07-29-2011, 09:07 PM)bigandrewgold Wrote: [ -> ]So why is this in the videogaming section and not the apple or linux section, those would be more appropiate.

I was thinking the same.

I don't know why you're trying to install with an apple mouse and keyboard though, why not just spend the $50-$100 on getting a Windows compatible mouse and keyboard? An apple mouse wasn't designed for right and left clicks, in the way that a Windows based mouse would.
Nope .. i dont have anything from Apple ..
Only a Iphone / Ipod XD
Why is this posted in the games section?
I'm not sure if apple products are linux compatable