Support Forums

Full Version: The Underrated Secrets of Using Keywords Properly and Building Backlinks With Them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Written for GenWebs | Webmaster Blog. Check it out if you enjoy this content.

Hey guys today I’ll be covering a pretty important concept. This is something most webmasters know and understand so I’ll be keeping it pretty basic. Of course I’ll be throwing in some secrets and goodies so you may learn a thing or two; regardless of experience.

So we all know building backlinks increases SERPs. Building backlinks with keywords increases your SERPs for that keyword. Seems easy, huh? That’s because it is, the process mostly just takes a lot of work and manpower. There’s no trustworthy way around it. You can use programs to do this for you, but those are really unreliable in my opinion.

So assuming you’ve read the proper techniques for keyword research you should now have decided on a keyword you want to rank for. I’m not here to explain to you how to choose the right keywords slowly and using complex techniques to rank for long tail keywords and eventually shorter ones. I’m simply giving you the basic process that can you build off of, which is the general basis of this blog. Let’s assume the keyword chosen is “Webmaster Blog.” It’d be easier to use this as an example because I can show you where I’ve used it.

These are the places on your website you’ll want your keywords to be: H1 tags, title, meta tags, description, and in your content/on your posts. Let me explain each. Google sees h1 tags/titles as what the website is about, in a sense. That is one of the many things they use to determine what they are crawling. H1 is Primary Header and Title is the title. Use h1 tags like so: <h1>Primary Header Here</h1> Do NOT use h1 tags more than once per page or it will severely effect your page rankings. Meta tags and descriptions are like extra bits of information. You can add these using the code below. All four commands just discussed belong in the <head></head> tags.

Code:
<meta name=”resource-type” content=”document” />
<meta http-equiv=”content-type” content=”text/html; charset=US-ASCII” />
<meta http-equiv=”content-language” content=”en-us” />
<meta name=”author” content=”Your Name Here” />
<meta name=”contact” content=”Your Email Here” />
<meta name=”copyright” content=”Copyright (c)2011
Laugh. All Rights Reserved.” />
<meta name=”description” content=”160 character description here” />
<meta name=”keywords” content=”Tags go here” />

So let’s assume you have now chosen your keywords, and filled them in the proper way on your website. What’s next? Build backlinks using these keywords on OTHER people’s websites. A backlink is like a point, the more points you have the better your rankings. Check out this post I made about the types of backlinks there are. Backlinks work because Google assumes if your link is on an already popular website it must be good quality. Even though everybody knows that isn’t always true (including Google) it is a very quality system. I’d also like to mention since TLD’s like .gov and .edu cannot be purchased publicly, Google considers backlinks from then very special. Also, when building backlinks it is very important to know www. prefixes. All searches engines consider the same site with www. and without it as completely different websites. At the start, pick one and stick with it so you don’t lose backlinks and waste time. So, what are some ways of getting your backlinks on other websites? Let’s start with blogs. Most blogs have a commenting system. You can fill out your name, email, website, and your comment without signing up most of the time. To find a blog in your niche type these searches into Google:

Code:
your keywords here + “powered by wordpress” site:.edu
your keywords here + “powered by wordpress” site:.gov
your keywords here + “powered by wordpress” site:.com
your keywords here + “powered by wordpress” site:.net
your keywords here + “powered by wordpress” site:.org

Note, you can use these search queries to find any type of site, example “minecraft forums + “powered by MyBB” site:.com” would give you a list of minecraft forums using MyBB. Neat, huh?

Back on topic, you now have an endless list of blogs in your niche that you can leave comments on. And just because you’ve read this far I’ll give a 32k list of blogs I bought for $9.99 for free. Download 32k list of blogs directly | Right Click – Save As. Now you’re ready to comment.

This is where many people go wrong, though. Instead of simply leaving your keyword give the owner a complement on the article and make it not seem like your advertising even if he knows you are. If anybody leaves a comment like that on my blog I accept it and give them the backlink with no problem. Try it out. This will require a lot of manpower and time, but backlinks are the key to search engine success and if you do it right you might even meet some webmasters that can help you.

The next way to build backlinks is forum profiles. You can edit your profile on most forums and they let you add a signature and feel in a website link. For the signature, simply hyperlink to your website with the anchor text being your keywords. Also fill in your website in the URL section of the forum. Now nearly EVERY post your make will be a backlink. That’s some quality stuff right there if I do say so myself. You can find some HIGH PR forums in my other blog posts, the most recent one is here.

You now have the information. You can do this forever and gain as many backlinks as you possibly want. There are no blackhat, underground, secret methods. This is the real way to do it, give or take. It’s up to you to do it.

Written for GenWebs | Webmaster Blog
Thanks for this! I'v needed something like this for a while, I never use meta-tags in my html files as I didn't know how to properly use them, thank-you!
Glad it helped you! Means a lot, you should check out my other blog posts.
(07-25-2011, 11:46 AM)Laugh Wrote: [ -> ]Glad it helped you! Means a lot, you should check out my other blog posts.

I will do, PM me with all the code ones, also if you have any good PHP tutorials I'd be interested in those aswell!
Nice TuT bro! <3
Sorry Believable I'm not gonna pm you each time haha
Thanks for this, I will use the info. Wow, I am on several forums, that will help!

Inventor1
Lol no problem I guess?