Support Forums

Full Version: The Truth about Do Follow and No Follow Backlinks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: donofollow.png]

Before I begin, this was written by me for my blog at http://www.genwebs.net and I just wanted to share it. I'd appreciate if you checked out my blog and read my other articles as well.

Getting started, everybody knows about the two most popular attributes to a backlink. Do-follow and no-follow. If you don’t, let me briefly explain it to you. A “do-follow” backlink is when a search engine like Google or Yahoo recognizes a link as part of the website. So if I had built a backlink on a website and it was do-follow link the search engine would think it was part of the website and not posted by an outsider. That means it can be considered more “trusted.” A no-follow link is the opposite, originally introduced by Google in 2005 so website owner’s could let the website crawler know the link was posted by an outsider. You cannot control what type of link it will be, it is up to you to find the one you want…but the truth is it doesn’t really matter much.

For the past few years Google has realized that just because a link is no-follow doesn’t make it useless. It is still a backlink and will give you link juice. Google knows how people are trying to get to the top, but the thing is Google allows it and even encourages it.

This is probably the shortest post you’ll ever see from me and I apologize, but I just felt like people needed to know the truth and the current way it goes down. Hopefully this helps you.
Bump I guess..
Thanks for the share mate i really enjoied Reading it Smile
Great !!! You solve my big problem. While i m creating back link for any site i checked do follow and no follow every time. Now i'm relaxed.
Nice post Laugh, I didn't actually know this, thanks!

This is rather useful as I'm thinking about starting a monetizing project soon, this will surely help. Then I just need to find someone who gives cheap back links.
This post man, This is rather useful!
Do-Follow defo carries more link juice though. Tongue