Support Forums

Full Version: Starting a gaming server; need a method of payment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Well I am going to start a game server soon (I have done my research and made a plan for the game itself); however, the main problem I'm facing is that I can't use Pay Pal as a method-of-payment as I'm under-age.

I can pay my server costs using Wallie, but I'm really going to need to implement a game-shop for users to buy items; to help support the server and to help keep it at a competitive level with other servers, I'll have to eventually upgrade my hosting and hire staff members too.

I'm wondering if anybody know's any alternative methods of payment I could use? Or, whether it's possible for me to use Pay Pal or a similar service, somehow, if I register my company (they require an over-18 person as a business contact)?

I'd really, really appreciate any help on this Smile
Liberty Reserve is a pretty good site, they don't require you to be 18.
Unfortunately, I can't use sign up to use them:

Code:
2.2. User herby aggress and declares that user is 18 years or older, at the time of opening a Liberty Reserve Account. Issuer reserves the right to request evidence of users age at any given time.

(07-21-2011, 02:48 PM)Maestro Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, I can't use sign up to use them:

Code:
2.2. User herby aggress and declares that user is 18 years or older, at the time of opening a Liberty Reserve Account. Issuer reserves the right to request evidence of users age at any given time.

In my experience with them they've never asked me for any information. :3
Do you think your parents would open you up a student account with Paypal?
(07-21-2011, 02:57 PM)Ambiguity Wrote: [ -> ]In my experience with them they've never asked me for any information. :3
Do you think your parents would open you up a student account with Paypal?

I have a student account with Natwest, I don't know whether they do online payments though.
(07-21-2011, 03:24 PM)Maestro Wrote: [ -> ]I have a student account with Natwest, I don't know whether they do online payments though.

I've never heard of them so I'd assume not. The easiest method is to get your parents to create you a Paypal Student account. It'd save you the trouble of looking online and the trouble of being limited if you're caught on Paypal.
(07-21-2011, 10:50 PM)Cosmos Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard of them so I'd assume not. The easiest method is to get your parents to create you a Paypal Student account. It'd save you the trouble of looking online and the trouble of being limited if you're caught on Paypal.

Are there any limits to a student account? And can I receive payments through it?
Use moneybookers or alertpay.. and maestro i am also indian .btw ask your parents to make a paypal account and you can use your fathers account to receive payments and link their bank account to withdraw money.
Here are a few options.

#1. Ask your parents. This usually will work if you ask nice. Have them use their credit/debit card and you pay them in cash.
#2. But a pre-paid card at your local store. Places like CVS, 7-11, or Rite aid have them.
#3. This step is illegal but almost every underage kid does it anyway. Create a paypal account with a fake birth date and use the Pre-paid card to get it verified.
#4. There is a new thing called greendot and moneypacks. Google it and that may be a solution.
(07-22-2011, 05:29 AM)Maestro Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any limits to a student account? And can I receive payments through it?

There should be no limits unless your parents set one and yes you can receive payments.
Pages: 1 2